• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Presidential Tour Of Turkey 16 - 21 April 2019

All things on the 55th Tour of Turkey from Tues 16 April to Son 21 April

Official website at https://www.tourofturkey.org.tr/EN

Twitter feed at https://twitter.com/tourofturkeyTUR

Startlist as of today at https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-of-turkey/2019/gc/startlist
Astana, Bora, Lotto S, QS, Dim Data (The Cav is back!) & UAE are WT teams.

LIVE BROADCASTS - TRT Spor HD & Eurosport HD

1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th stages 12:00 - 14:00 (CET/GMT+1)

5.th stage 14:00 - 16:00 (CET/GMT+1)

6th stage 14:00 - 15:30 (CET/GMT+1)

Stage1 Tues 16th April Istanbul to Tekirdağ 165 km start 11.00 (10.00 CET I assume)

flat stage along the coast - should be a sprint finish -
map
stage1_tur2019_istanbul_tekirdag_mar.jpg

tour-of-turkey-2019-stage-1-profile-27a62e8702.jpg

Other stage profiles

Stage 2 Tekirdağ to Eceabat 156.7 km Weds 17th
tour-of-turkey-2019-stage-2-profile-9e56480c41.jpg

Stage 3 Çanakkale to Edremit 122.6 km Thurs 18th
tour-of-turkey-2019-stage-3-profile-170abe43ae.jpg

Stage 4 Balıkesir to Bursa 194.3 km Fri 19th
tour-of-turkey-2019-stage-4-profile-09528035de.jpg

Stage 5 (Queen stage!) Bursa to Kartepe 164.1 km Sat 20th
tour-of-turkey-2019-stage-5-profile-f9c222092f.jpg

Stage 6 Sakarya to Istanbul 172.4 km Sun 21st
tour-of-turkey-2019-stage-6-profile-5e203f7f8a.jpg

Looking at his climbing on the big mtf in Catalunya Kudus should be the favourite.
Other than him it's probably O Connor, Polanc and Großschartner for the gc, Remco can finish inside the top 10.
Interesting to see what W52 will be able to to in this race and the Turkish NT is bringing Sayar.

João Rodrigues was almost able to follow the strongest on Alto da Fóia in Algarve and is probably the rider from this field who has put in the best climbing performance this season. Or maybe it's Remco who defended himself well on the Jebel Hafeet.

If there had been an ITT, i think Evenepoel would have been a favorite. Now i don't know. If he lost some weight since UAE, where he was too heavy and still finished right behind Dumoulin and within a minute of Valverde and Roglic... I'd say top 5 should certainly be possible. If he didn't have to work for Alaphilippe in San Juan, he would have finished in front of Grosshartner there too probably. I'd be surprised and disappointed if he didn't make the top 10.

Remco's first season goal is Romandie, right after ToT, so he will probably be in better shape than at UAE.

Re:

Potomac said:
I was looking at the start list and only 17 teams are listed, several of them continental.
It is a World Tour event, don't all the WT teams have to compete?

No, they don't all have to participate, just a minimum of 10 teams.

Which there isn't here.

They said that if a race couldn't make 10 WT teams attend two years in a row, it would be degraded from the WorldTour. This is the third consecutive year with less than ten WT teams in Turkey. Apparently it was a rule that didn't need to be followed. What is the point of such a rule?

Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Potomac said:
I was looking at the start list and only 17 teams are listed, several of them continental.
It is a World Tour event, don't all the WT teams have to compete?

No, they don't all have to participate, just a minimum of 10 teams.

Which there isn't here.

They said that if a race couldn't make 10 WT teams attend two years in a row, it would be degraded from the WorldTour. This is the third consecutive year with less than ten WT teams in Turkey. Apparently it was a rule that didn't need to be followed. What is the point of such a rule?
the first year they may have made an exception due to the late date change, I guess, but now there aren't many excuses anymore indeed.

Although, to be fair, there are no continental teams of course. They aren't even allowed to participate in WT races.

If O'Connor is feeling well, he is my favorite for overall. Großschartner and Kudus to take the last podium spots.

Remco is still so young but since the competition is fairly "easy", he is the mix for overall.

Alarcón is the joker but I can't tell why for a couple of reasons. :D

TRENDING THREADS