• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Preview Limburg '12.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Route, Selections, Favourites...

My lists:

*** Gilbert, Valverde, Sagan
** JRod
* Evans, Vanendert, Moser, Betancur, Albasini, Gerrans

? Contador, Nibali, Boonen, Pinot, Ulissi, Voeckler.

*** Wiggins, Martin
** Phinney, Froome, Van Garderen
* Pinotti, Luis Leòn, Meyer

? Durbridge, Contador, Grabsch, Rogers, Brajkovic.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Sam Sanchez has been eyeing Worlds all year. With a 1/3rd of a GT in his legs all year it will be interesting to see how he goes. Quebec and Montreal will tell a lot.

Poels and Gesink leaders for Holland? and Hoogerland doing his thing?

edit: Didn't realize how srs Poels's tour injury was

Cannot see Froome doing much tbh, think he will be over cooked from a busy year.

We (GB) could have had a stronger U23 team, but we didnt acrue enough points in some of the races because GB didnt send a team to certain races. I have been told we havent had an invite to the Tour de l'Avenir due to this too.

Jason_Mercier said:
Route, Selections, Favourites...

My lists:

*** Gilbert, Valverde, Sagan
** JRod
* Evans, Vanendert, Moser, Betancur, Albasini, Gerrans

? Contador, Nibali, Boonen, Pinot, Ulissi, Voeckler.

*** Wiggins, Martin
** Phinney, Froome, Van Garderen
* Pinotti, Luis Leòn, Meyer

? Durbridge, Contador, Grabsch, Rogers, Brajkovic.

Lulu a bigger favourite than Alberto :D

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
so what are the predictions for the TTT? seems pretty open, Germany has the edge in power, but who will ride the best on the 16th?
I hope Sagan wins the RR, he will make an interesting (and aggressive) rainbow jersey to watch next season
it is going to be a great race, can't wait!

preview-cauberg.jpg

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
CobbleStoner said:
so what are the predictions for the TTT? seems pretty open, Germany has the edge in power, but who will ride the best on the 16th?
I hope Sagan wins the RR, he will make an interesting (and aggressive) rainbow jersey to watch next season
it is going to be a great race, can't wait!

preview-cauberg.jpg
Germany won't win the TTT, unless you mean Team NetApp. The TTT is being raced by trade teams, not countries.

I'm interested to see which of the 32 invited teams actually accepted their invites.

The invitees are at http://uciworldtour.com/Modules/BUI...bjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=Nzk4Mjc&LangId=1

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Brechel not to forget on a route like this, but a 3 men squard will make it very hard. Albasini, Boonen, Gilbert and Sagan big favorites.

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
http://www.wielerflits.nl/nieuws/19469/voorselecties-wk-ploegentijdrit-nederlandse-teams-bekend.html

3 of the following 9 names on each team will be left out for the TTT

Selectie Rabobank
Lars Boom, Stef Clement, Rick Flens, Robert Gesink, Wilco Kelderman, Tom Leezer, Michael Matthews, Luis León Sánchez en Dennis van Winden.

Selectie Vacansoleil-DCM
Kris Boeckmans, Thomas de Gendt, Martijn Keizer, Gustav Larsson, Marco Marcato, Tomasz Marczynski, Rob Ruijgh, Frederik Veuchelen en Lieuwe Westra.

Selectie Argos-Shimano
Bert de Backer, Koen de Kort, Alexandre Geniez, Patrick Gretsch, Roger Kluge, Ramon Sinkeldam, Matthieu Sprick, Tom Stamsnijder en Albert Timmer

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
u23 races won't have any images, apparently the dutch broadcaster didn't need to give guarantees for that. Were lucky Vos is dutch or else we probably wouldn't get to see anything from that either. :eek:

TRENDING THREADS