• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Preview Limburg '12.

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Forunculo said:
Vino as olympic champ, Contador ITT champion and Valverde as road race champion.

A fairytale for Mcquaid:p.

No, the road race it's interesting, Belgium, Spain, Italy and the new cycling power GB. If I were Brailsford I don't play Cavendish card with the Cauberg but who knows

I think GB will be the most invisible team with nine riders at the Worlds. :eek:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Indeed. If you can't broadcast the event, don't bother bidding for it.

exactly! I hope this is the last time netherlands get a wc spot and uci should demand up front that all races should be broadcasted

2qs1h8g.jpg

This fat bloke is the most important sports presenter in the Netherlands. He also has a late night programme during the Tour, in which he asks closed questions and if the guests dare to say anything more than yes or no (mostly yes, because mr Smeets can't be wrong obviously) he overrules them with another question or piece or whatever. He is also the staunchest Lance Armstrong supporter there is, saying the judge and the process of the USADA was biased, wearing a cancer wristband and desperately trying to mention Armstrong in every conversation, because he's had the "privilege" of interviewing Armstrong a few times. If you think Ligget is bad, just imagine a bloke 4 times worse and you're there.

You can't take the NOS seriously. It's the most pathetic organization in the world, the North Korean government apparatus included.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Arnout said:
2qs1h8g.jpg

This fat bloke is the most important sports presenter in the Netherlands. He also has a late night programme during the Tour, in which he asks closed questions and if the guests dare to say anything more than yes or no (mostly yes, because mr Smeets can't be wrong obviously) he overrules them with another question or piece or whatever. He is also the staunchest Lance Armstrong supporter there is, saying the judge and the process of the USADA was biased, wearing a cancer wristband and desperately trying to mention Armstrong in every conversation, because he's had the "privilege" of interviewing Armstrong a few times. If you think Ligget is bad, just imagine a bloke 4 times worse and you're there.

You can't take the NOS seriously. It's the most pathetic organization in the world, the North Korean government apparatus included.

Yea just from the photo the guy looks a right *** jockey.

Yup.
Just seen Eurosport's World's schedule and basically, it's a blank week bar the couple of afternoons of the ITTs.
Without doubt, the most pathetic coverage effort of the millennium; positively third world and then some.
If NOS set the bar any lower, it would be under ground.
NOS: NOShame.

El Pistolero said:
Because Vanendert simply hasn't done **** since the Ardennes.

Meersman has been top 20 in Vuelta mountain stages. Also top 10 in other stages of the Vuelta. Roelandts and GvA showed form in the Canadian races. Johan Vansummeren and Stijn Vandenbergh are selected to be domestiques. Stijn's job will be to keep Boonen/Phil save in the peloton until the final starts. Johan Vansummeren will either control to break of the day or be in it.

Bjorn Leukemans is a good friend of Gilbert and has won 2 races recently plus he showed good form in the Canadian races. He'll have no problem working for Gilbert and Boonen. Greg van Avermaet has to live with Gilbert for a while longer in the same team, so it won't be wise of him to **** Phil off. He'll work for Phil if the latter's legs are good. He already worked for him in the Amstel Gold Race anyway, so he can be trusted.

Kevin de Weert is a good domestique who showed form in the Vuelta. So not really an odd decision.

If i was going for Boonen i would keep Meersmann. However they are riding for Gilbert to attack/ animate the race and Boonen to win if it comes together/ the wrong combo goes. Roelandts can lead out Boonen. For Belgiums' plan i would take Vanendert. He rode admirably for Gilbert last year ( therefore trustworthy ) and is very strong.

TRENDING THREADS