Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So I was looking forward to Ronde, optimistic of getting a nice result with Geraint Thomas for my crappy anglophone team. Then I see this:



Oh lord have mercy :eek:

Yes, I'm still playing 2010.
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,530
0
0
I have my perfect 2009 DB (took me more than two years).
I plan to buy the PCM 2014, and put my 2009 DB in there (I assume there is no converter from 2009 to 2014?) name and dates after one another. Might take me one month...

Now the Q to the real experts:
I then want to insert riders into my 2009 DB that didn´t "exist" back in 2009.
Will 16 year olds be signed by teams in the off season? Or is there a barrier of age 18?

Example:
In 2009 Seb. Henao was 15, thus 16 when becoming available as Free Agent for the 2010 season. Will other teams sign him that time, or will he go unsigned, develope two more years, and then being signed by a team when 18?

Thx in advance. :)

P.S.: Too bad they changed the fitness system. I mastered the old one. Had like 50 customized ones. :eek:
The stage of the ages: A truly epic one, was one normally impossible in the 2009 edition: I made a long range attack in the Giro with Gesink and prevailed. Up today I wonder how I did it.
 
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I have my perfect 2009 DB (took me more than two years).
I plan to buy the PCM 2014, and put my 2009 DB in there (I assume there is no converter from 2009 to 2014?) name and dates after one another. Might take me one month...

Now the Q to the real experts:
I then want to insert riders into my 2009 DB that didn´t "exist" back in 2009.
Will 16 year olds be signed by teams in the off season? Or is there a barrier of age 18?

Example:
In 2009 Seb. Henao was 15, thus 16 when becoming available as Free Agent for the 2010 season. Will other teams sign him that time, or will he go unsigned, develope two more years, and then being signed by a team when 18?

Thx in advance. :)

P.S.: Too bad they changed the fitness system. I mastered the old one. Had like 50 customized ones. :eek:
The stage of the ages: A truly epic one, was one normally impossible in the 2009 edition: I made a long range attack in the Giro with Gesink and prevailed. Up today I wonder how I did it.
I was trying to do this too, get my PCM2010 DB to 2013. Honestly it was more hassle than it's worth. I was copying rows into excel and putting them in with the advanced editor, but things kept going wrong with it.
In the end I just got a nice enough 2014 DB and tweeked stats a bit.
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,530
0
0
OK, thanks. I might do the same. Getting a nice 2014 DB once the 2014 PCM is out, and then editing the around 500 most important riders one for one. Hope in the future good converters come out.
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,530
0
0
Why not? I did it with 1.300 from ground off at the 09-DB. So 500 with already perfect ratings in my old DB is nothing in comparison. ;)
 
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Why not? I did it with 1.300 from ground off at the 09-DB. So 500 with already perfect ratings in my old DB is nothing in comparison. ;)
It sounds crazy, but if you're willing to spend your time doing that, sure, it's nice :) i'm curious in how it will look like actually.
 
Vino attacks everyone said:
money cheating is an integral part of the game :D
Cant be bothered by objectives, money etc. I make my team and go for gts. Who cares about winning Roma Maxima when your only good rider is Aru? :p
Ikr. :D

Problem is, if I money cheat before starting the campaign, when I am buying the riders, I will get crazy objectives like winning the Tour and other major races - when I'm just a Conti team. :eek: Impossibru to get a wildcard to beggin with.
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,530
0
0
Vino attacks everyone said:
Damn Foxxy, I usually use a couple of hours tweeking stats when I download the pcm databases, but you take it to another level :p
Yeah, I think so. As I said the 09-DB took me 2 years to perfect it. I literally edited every single rider. Not only mountain etc., but also potential etc.! Did formulas of how to get mountain riders to not finish high in CGs (came to, that 80s mountain guys who should not finish high in GTs, had to have max 59 regeneration). In the end it was great. For example, I did make the impossible possible; that Froome for example came out of nowhere to actually indeed win GTs later (potential 8, starting with mid 60s mountain AFIR, and making borderline mountains for other riders max 82). It was high end science. Almost like real. ;)

So I don´t wanna have that make all for nothing. I somehow must find a way to get the 09-DB into my soon to be bought PCM 2014.

P.S.: I thought the PCM daily guys take the same approach? Editing every single rider to get the game as realistic as possible?!
 
Flamin said:
Anyone has an idea how to fix this? When I'm trying to convert the 2014 DB on my PCM12, there's an error which says this:
Shot in the dark: You're might be using the Nation ID 99 on two different rows (two different countries). Each number can only be associated with one country and cannot be repeated on different rows. Try checking that, it's what first comes to mind.

If not, then I'm clueless.
 
BigMac said:
Shot in the dark: You're might be using the Nation ID 99 on two different rows (two different countries). Each number can only be associated with one country and cannot be repeated on different rows. Try checking that, it's what first comes to mind.

If not, then I'm clueless.
I kind of fixed it (still can't edit stats though but that's not such a big deal), but now every rider has the same jersey :s i guess i should just wait til PCM 14 comes out.

Thanks anyway :)
 
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
Guys i won all 3 GT's with Contador in 1 year. Won the Giro with 1min 30 gap to Nibali, won the TDF with a 5 second gap to Froome(basically beacuse of a Ventoux Mountain ITT took 2 minutes on that stage lol). Contador was really weak in the Vuelta but Purito had done the TDF so he faded aswell.


This was Contador's season:

Paris Nice 1st(1 stage win)
Vuelta Castilla Leon 3rd - overlapped with Amstel Gold Race and i wanted some good rythm for Fleche Wallone.

F-W 2nd
LBL 4th
Giro 1st(5 stage wins)
Tour de France 1st(4 stage wins)
La Vuelta 1st(1 stage win)
Il Lombardia(9th)


Contador had more than 1,000 WT points.



I no it is quite unrealistic but i want to beat the records in the archives so i want to get 12 GT's. This year i will try TDF/Vuelta combo as the TDF was really tough vs Froome and Quintana, and that way i can peak for the Worlds to try and be WC with Contador.


My signings for 2015

Sagan lol
D.Navarro(Contador's friend)
Wiggins(He is real low in mounatains but i need him for 67 kms of TTT at the TDF)


I let go of Roche, Rogers, Breschel, Bennatti so i feel it is fair. I also will keep it more realistic so i will not go for Fleche or LBL with Sagan and just ride the cobble's and AGR, and ride for Green in the Tour.




Sorry for the long post, i will update people if they want to about how i get on during the year, do anyone hear use PCM Dailly?. What a great site that is.
 
yeah i am on daily as well as ruben_

im now in an career with belkin on extreme. Hard as **** that level. Normally I play on hard because normal is way too easy and extreme is just unfair. But i was winning too much on hard so I went to extreme anyway. I need every trick in the book to keep my chances real. But I had some nice performances so far, 2nd and 4th in the Giro with Mollema/Kelderman.. 5th in Ten Dam in Suisse (after quintana, uran, valverde and nibali!) and 4th in dauphine with Gesink (after Contador, Froome and Horner).
 
Mar 9, 2013
1,996
0
0
Dekker_Tifosi said:
yeah i am on daily as well as ruben_

im now in an career with belkin on extreme. Hard as **** that level. Normally I play on hard because normal is way too easy and extreme is just unfair. But i was winning too much on hard so I went to extreme anyway. I need every trick in the book to keep my chances real. But I had some nice performances so far, 2nd and 4th in the Giro with Mollema/Kelderman.. 5th in Ten Dam in Suisse (after quintana, uran, valverde and nibali!) and 4th in dauphine with Gesink (after Contador, Froome and Horner).

I am atlanta(the guy who starts story's and never finshes lol) on pcm daily. I upped Klederman and gave him more potential as it is silly he only gets 78 max in mountains i have gave him a limit of 80/78(mnt/hill) and a 80 ITT limit, what would you say to that?. His stats at the start are 77/76 with 76 ITT.


That is some real good results their they are a very good team to play with not the best but they are a team where you have to earn his results. I did a Belkin carear and Gesink reached 78/79 so he was a podium contender all save long in the 2nd season, man i miss Gesink being good in mountains on PCM don't you? How was you're results with Vanmarcke?.


Kreuziger's season in 2014
6th TDU(1 stage)
3rd Tirreno
4th Pais Vasco(2 stages)
2nd AGR
5th F-W(worked for Alberto)
9th LBL(worked for Alberto)

then he rested untill Suisse

1st Tour De Suisse(3 stage's, easy competition only Valverde)
7th TDF(worked and attacked loads to get others to chase)

Tour of Poland 2nd(1 stage)
Usa Pro challenge 1st(2 stages)
G.P Quebec 3rd
G.P Montreal 2nd
Il Lombardia 4th


Also just so you no Mollema had a good year 3rd in the Giro behind Contador and Nibali and he won Volta Cataluna. Costa was WC again.


It was such a good year i play on hard i find extreme too tough though, Froome and Quintana have improved so it will be even more challenging this year. I have one of the early 2000 routes by Biggassi but i thinking of changing it as it only has 1 hilly stage and has like a 67km TTT, and 52km ITT with like 3 MTF, i think it will be a waste of time sending Contador their, no? I no TTT are hard but isn't it easier when their long to gain big time?. I nevr play them usually but i might if it is easier.
 
Dekker_Tifosi said:
yeah i am on daily as well as ruben_

im now in an career with belkin on extreme. Hard as **** that level. Normally I play on hard because normal is way too easy and extreme is just unfair. But i was winning too much on hard so I went to extreme anyway. I need every trick in the book to keep my chances real. But I had some nice performances so far, 2nd and 4th in the Giro with Mollema/Kelderman.. 5th in Ten Dam in Suisse (after quintana, uran, valverde and nibali!) and 4th in dauphine with Gesink (after Contador, Froome and Horner).
You need a unbelivable team on extreme to make a differnce.

My Astana team for 2017 has Aru with mountain 84 and I got guys like Pinot, Arredondo, Landa, Polanc (he allways gets 80 + in mountains for some reason) and more to drill every multi mountain stage. You get down to like 25 guys and you sprint for victory :eek:
 
Jul 11, 2013
3,340
0
0
TANK91 said:
Guys i won all 3 GT's with Contador in 1 year. Won the Giro with 1min 30 gap to Nibali, won the TDF with a 5 second gap to Froome(basically beacuse of a Ventoux Mountain ITT took 2 minutes on that stage lol). Contador was really weak in the Vuelta but Purito had done the TDF so he faded aswell.


This was Contador's season:

Paris Nice 1st(1 stage win)
Vuelta Castilla Leon 3rd - overlapped with Amstel Gold Race and i wanted some good rythm for Fleche Wallone.

F-W 2nd
LBL 4th
Giro 1st(5 stage wins)
Tour de France 1st(4 stage wins)
La Vuelta 1st(1 stage win)
Il Lombardia(9th)


Contador had more than 1,000 WT points.



I no it is quite unrealistic but i want to beat the records in the archives so i want to get 12 GT's. This year i will try TDF/Vuelta combo as the TDF was really tough vs Froome and Quintana, and that way i can peak for the Worlds to try and be WC with Contador.


My signings for 2015

Sagan lol
D.Navarro(Contador's friend)
Wiggins(He is real low in mounatains but i need him for 67 kms of TTT at the TDF)


I let go of Roche, Rogers, Breschel, Bennatti so i feel it is fair. I also will keep it more realistic so i will not go for Fleche or LBL with Sagan and just ride the cobble's and AGR, and ride for Green in the Tour.




Sorry for the long post, i will update people if they want to about how i get on during the year, do anyone hear use PCM Dailly?. What a great site that is.
Great results mate :)

I played the 2008 version a lot and is thinking about puchasing the new one since a have 7 weeks af vacation this summer (haven't had more than 2-3 weeks for 15 years..)

As I remember it was a real time-killer to play so my question is
do you (and others) use the simulation feature to fasten up gameplay, or do you control each stage yourselves?

And what are your experiences with the simulation, does it have advantages or disadvantages regarding results? (given that you do the line-up before simulating the stage(s)... )
As i remember in the 2008 version it was a bad idea to let the comp pick your team?

It's not that i dont want to do the full gameplay, it is simply a matter of finding time to complete a season in a month or so, chosing which stages I myself want to have hands-on...

Cheers
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY