• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
I haven't played in months, ever since my laptop started smoking when I had it running :(. It can't handle the game.

Are the older PCM's just as taxing on resources?

i formatted my laptop to install windows 8 (which by the way is awesome) and i saved my saves and DB's on an external disk but now i don't know where do i have to put them to get my caja rural game back :(

i had just hired a Spanish kid that had dominated all the u23 season and he was going to be a beast with with stars to have ~75 flat, ~75 MO, ~84hills,~68sprint, ~80AC, ~82 endurance,~80 resistence and ~77 recovery.

iirc his name was oscar redondo. . .

i also hired a portuguese guy called osca fidalgo because he won the u23 version of PR and he had great potential having 73 on cobbles at 19 years old.

and now i lost all of that *whaaaaaaaaaa* :mad:

Btw, I finished Romandie. I won 2 stages with Thomas Dekker, but was only 13th in GC. I had no chance in the only mountain stage (won by S Sanchez) and lost my GC hopes there.

Now the Giro, which has a suprisingly bad start field. No RoboBasso, no Cunego, no Savoldelli...
It does feature Simoni, Sastre, Azevedo and some others though, but not really that great. I should be able to top 10 with Ardila and top 20 with Eltink :D

i am having a little bit of a problem here on my game(PCM2012) :eek:

i just got promoted to pro conti and i decided to apply for a WC on several WT races.

the problem is comes to tour down under and there was no reply to my WC request and even after the race was over on the season planning menu it remained a question mark on the checks you have to tick to ask for an invitation.

now i am already racing the volta ao algarve and there is still no message saying who applied for the TA and PN wc and much less a message saying who got them :eek:

what bug is this? also the planning menu got weird as it is no longer divided according to the times you have to ask for invites for each race and instead already lists all season :eek:

Until few months ago I was still playing 2010, I heard it was one of the worst edition, but I enjoyed it anyway. I didn't really have time now, but I'll go for the new one when I have more time.
When playing I liked to control "the PCM world" as much as I could, it bothered me a lot with it lack of balance, and later I found that "fixing" it was a fun in itself (despite my struggling editing skills). I mean I often decided which teams/riders raced which races, the transfers, who went up and down in the end of a year, new riders' potentials, etc.. Soo many unrealistic things happenned in PCM 2010, but without them it probably would even be more boring:D
Hope the newer ones have much better world and AI, as I'm sure they have better visual, and game engine (those sprints....)

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Just had this happen to me on the Champs-Élysées.

e12115127c6b62bccc10c3ab510a79aa.png

What?! A breakaway winning with 14 minutes to spare. So much for realism :D

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Ferminal said:
M-SR is a million times easier in 12 than 11.

Milan Sanremo has gotta be my favourite race on PCM. Somehow the super-length of it just makes me extra nervous when it comes to the finale. Never quite sure what the right tactic is with MSR - is it productive to send riders up the road? I have a regen with 83 flat but neither his hills nor sprint are good enough to win if it's all still together at the bottom of the Poggio so he usually heads up the road for me.

Playing '11 I've still yet to win either the Tour or Paris-Roubaix. The last three seasons I've had Rolland third twice, and Vanendert 3rd with Pinot 5th once. Won a few stages and mountain jerseys with Pinot too. Invested heavily on trying to win Paris-Roubaix - shelled out on Lars Boom and Haussler, along with Chavanel, Ballan and Vanmarcke, but could still only manage a 2nd. Bloody Spartacus.

Caruut said:
Milan Sanremo has gotta be my favourite race on PCM. Somehow the super-length of it just makes me extra nervous when it comes to the finale. Never quite sure what the right tactic is with MSR - is it productive to send riders up the road? I have a regen with 83 flat but neither his hills nor sprint are good enough to win if it's all still together at the bottom of the Poggio so he usually heads up the road for me.

Playing '11 I've still yet to win either the Tour or Paris-Roubaix. The last three seasons I've had Rolland third twice, and Vanendert 3rd with Pinot 5th once. Won a few stages and mountain jerseys with Pinot too. Invested heavily on trying to win Paris-Roubaix - shelled out on Lars Boom and Haussler, along with Chavanel, Ballan and Vanmarcke, but could still only manage a 2nd. Bloody Spartacus.

LOL, If MS-R is easier in 12 than 11 it must be a joke. I think I have won 6 or 7 of 8 season in Career mode (game on different PC so can't check now), sometimes even a double with EBH and Vanmarcke. Of course it depends on the database, but 75+ in both hill and sprints stats usually is enough in career mode, as most 80+ hill guys seems to peak late April. I usually split the peleton on the "new" climb, and keep my leaders fresh and covered until Poggio. And like Caruut; I'm yet to win either Paris-Roubaix or TDF, although I'm hopeful for Taaramae in Le Tour 2019:D

Alphabet said:
What?! A breakaway winning with 14 minutes to spare. So much for realism :D
I think it was here or on PCMdaily a guy posted a picture of a breakaway having such a large winning margin on Champs Elysees that the entire peloton finished outside the time limit, resulting in Roelandts winning TDF overall :p

Parrulo said:
i am having a little bit of a problem here on my game(PCM2012) :eek:

i just got promoted to pro conti and i decided to apply for a WC on several WT races.

the problem is comes to tour down under and there was no reply to my WC request and even after the race was over on the season planning menu it remained a question mark on the checks you have to tick to ask for an invitation.

now i am already racing the volta ao algarve and there is still no message saying who applied for the TA and PN wc and much less a message saying who got them :eek:

what bug is this? also the planning menu got weird as it is no longer divided according to the times you have to ask for invites for each race and instead already lists all season :eek:

bumpeti bump

any1 know of this problem? :eek: DT, gloin22 where you at usually helpful fellas?

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
you useless ******* :p

thanks anyway, maybe i could get some luck if i ask on pcmdaily? i will do it when my exams are over.

or maybe i could just edit the wild cards with the editor?

would that work?

This guy should help on PCM.Daily. Just PM him your problem, he's a wizz at those things ;) :)

Parrulo said:
you useless ******* :p

thanks anyway, maybe i could get some luck if i ask on pcmdaily? i will do it when my exams are over.

or maybe i could just edit the wild cards with the editor?

would that work?

In 2009 & 2010 you can do it in dyn_team_race and it'd work fine as long as the race hasn't started. I don't know about the newer version though:)

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone (Dekker T most likely) know how to edit the nicknames that appear painted on the road? Gets a bit repetitive and I'd like to see some common ones popping up now and then. Also, little controversial, how do I edit a regen's ethnicity? For some reason a load of Kazakh regens are black, which looks weird.

I have an aging squad and have been waiting till July 1st to buy some new guys. But when i finally got there and try to buy someone it says i dont have a sponsor for next season so cant buy anyone, and i need to go on some sponsor search which will take god knows how long and when it finishes there will be no one left to buy.

So i go to the editor and extend my sponsor by a year but i get the same message. Any way to get around it?

Caruut said:
Also, little controversial, how do I edit a regen's ethnicity? For some reason a load of Kazakh regens are black, which looks weird.

Again, I can only refer to 2010 which I haven't played for quite some time either. But, as we wait for DT or others, maybe you can try this : look at skin type column in dyn_cyclist, if I'm not mistaken type 1 is black and type 6 is Asian, others are variations of white, you can always edit them in 2010.

The Hitch said:
I have an aging squad and have been waiting till July 1st to buy some new guys. But when i finally got there and try to buy someone it says i dont have a sponsor for next season so cant buy anyone, and i need to go on some sponsor search which will take god knows how long and when it finishes there will be no one left to buy.

So i go to the editor and extend my sponsor by a year but i get the same message. Any way to get around it?

Yea, it is a problem, if you start with a team that the sponsor leaves after that year, you can't edit it away, it is a real pain in the *** (I just use the editor and get a couple of guys that way)

I don't have mass sprints on mountain stages, not in career anyway. It's a known single race/stage-race problem though.

I just had one of the greatest TDFs I ever played. I was Blanco (duh) and first it looked like a 2-way battle with Froome and Contador. After the ITT suddenly Wiggins became a factor. On the Ventoux I had a great day and Gesink and Mollema were also in the top 3, with Nibali the only one who could follow me and now also a factor.
Wiggins dropped away on the ventoux so now it was Contador, Froome, Gesink, Mollema and Nibali for the win. Gesink (3rd in the Giro) and Nibali (2nd in the Giro) were already doing their second GT now. Contador lost 3 minutes on the Ventoux (bad day?) and had to attack in the final MT stages.
Unfortunately for me Mollema faded the next mountain stages, but Gesink, even though he had dropping form from Giro fatigue, still held pretty well. He was in yellow with 3 difficult stages to go, but lost it to Froome after 2 of those stages.
In the final mountain stage I was just 12 seconds behind Froome, with Nibali in 3rd at 30 seconds. Contador was 4th at 2'30 (he had won time the previous stages)
This was for Gesink just 1 mountain stage to far, Nibali passed him in GC. Contador came very close to my 3rd place as well but just didn't win enough time.
Funny fact, if Contador didn't have that bad day he would've won the Tour with +2 minutes on Froome :D
Final GC: 1 Froome 2 Nibali 3 Gesink 4 Contador 5 A Schleck 6 Mollema

Wiggins was a pure domestique, he had won the Giro in front of Nibali and Gesink.
So Sky going extremely well. Right now I'm in front of the Vuelta, I wonder who will participate there

Dekker_Tifosi said:
I don't have mass sprints on mountain stages, not in career anyway. It's a known single race/stage-race problem though.

I just had one of the greatest TDFs I ever played. I was Blanco (duh) and first it looked like a 2-way battle with Froome and Contador. After the ITT suddenly Wiggins became a factor. On the Ventoux I had a great day and Gesink and Mollema were also in the top 3, with Nibali the only one who could follow me and now also a factor.
Wiggins dropped away on the ventoux so now it was Contador, Froome, Gesink, Mollema and Nibali for the win. Gesink (3rd in the Giro) and Nibali (2nd in the Giro) were already doing their second GT now. Contador lost 3 minutes on the Ventoux (bad day?) and had to attack in the final MT stages.
Unfortunately for me Mollema faded the next mountain stages, but Gesink, even though he had dropping form from Giro fatigue, still held pretty well. He was in yellow with 3 difficult stages to go, but lost it to Froome after 2 of those stages.
In the final mountain stage I was just 12 seconds behind Froome, with Nibali in 3rd at 30 seconds. Contador was 4th at 2'30 (he had won time the previous stages)
This was for Gesink just 1 mountain stage to far, Nibali passed him in GC. Contador came very close to my 3rd place as well but just didn't win enough time.
Funny fact, if Contador didn't have that bad day he would've won the Tour with +2 minutes on Froome :D
Final GC: 1 Froome 2 Nibali 3 Gesink 4 Contador 5 A Schleck 6 Mollema

Wiggins was a pure domestique, he had won the Giro in front of Nibali and Gesink.
So Sky going extremely well. Right now I'm in front of the Vuelta, I wonder who will participate there

I lost the Giro with Piti by 25 second to wiggo (he took 2 min on me at the tt)
Now in the tour, i got the 2nd place on gc after AC with Quintana before the alpe d'huez stage

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds cool Dekker. Classics season starting up for me; Sagan won MSR for me by attacking on the descent of the Poggio. My regen with 83 FL and 72 CB almost won RVV from a 100km attack with Devolder and Vansommeren. They were caught by Gilbert, Offredo and Cancellara with about 8km to go. Gilbert took it in the sprint, but my boy held his nerve to come 2nd. He'd also come 2nd in GW with a late attack, but beaten in the sprint there too. Paris-Roubaix up next, my top cobbled rider Boom is out, so it looks like it's going to be a disaster for me.

Just editing my own version of the 2013 db. Perhaps someone would like to give me thier thoughts on some of the stats of some of the main guys. Here is a list of some of the top gc candidates atleast:

AC- 83mt - 79hill - 78tt - 79prol - 83 rec
Froomey - 83 mt - 78hill - 80tt - 79prol - 79rec
JRod - 82mt - 83hill - 72tt - 73prol - 76rec (this is because of his "weak day, that he allways gets"
Valverde - 81mt - 82hill - 75tt - 75prol - 80rec
Wiggo - 81mt - 77hill - 83tt - 81prol - 80rec
Nibali - 82mt (better than Wiggo so the giro will be more entertaining for me to race :p) - 81hill - 77tt - 78prol - 80rec

TRENDING THREADS