• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Cycling Manager - anyone played it

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TDF with Blanco (after starting over with modified youngrider stats)
Ten Dam and Kruijswijk as leaders (Gesink -> 2nd in Giro after unbeatable Wiggins. Mollema will be saved for the Vuelta)

First it appeared to be Contador vs Rodriguez and Wiggins, because Froome f.cked up in the first mountain stage (lost 3 minutes). Then Wiggins suddenly fell and gave up and Froome rode a fantastic ITT so it looked to be Contador vs Froome.
However, Evans was being very consistent and even beat Contador op the Ventoux, so we suddenly had Contador vs Evans as battle. In the end, Contador proved to good in the final week. Very nice Tour though, because the battle for the other placings was quite tough as well. A very good Rodriguez in the mountains and a very suprising blanco duo with Ten Dam and Kruijswijk. Up till the last 2 mountain stages I was fighting for top 5/6/7. But in the final 2 stages I couldn't follow the best anymore (insufficient recovery)

This was the result

1 Alberto Contador Team Saxo - Tinkoff 81h19'45
2 Cadel Evans BMC Racing Team + 2'41
3 Chris Froome Sky Procycling + 3'47
4 Jurgen Van den Broeck Lotto Belisol + 5'43
5 Alejandro Valverde Movistar Team + 6'04
6 Joaquím Rodríguez Katusha Team + 6'32
7 Andy Schleck RadioShack - Leopard + 8'47
8 Laurens Ten Dam Blanco Pro Cycling Team + 10'23 RubenI7
9 Thomas Voeckler Team Europcar + 11'07
10 Steven Kruijswijk Blanco Pro Cycling Team + 13'17 RubenI7
11 Pierre Rolland Team Europcar + 19'05
12 Nicolas Roche Team Saxo - Tinkoff + 21'41
13 Daniel Moreno Katusha Team + 23'06
14 Thibaut Pinot FDJ + 24'11
15 Mikel Nieve Euskaltel - Euskadi + 30'01
16 Jean-Christophe Peraud AG2R La Mondiale + 36'35
17 Denis Menchov Katusha Team + 39'13
18 Chris Anker Sørensen Team Saxo - Tinkoff + 42'17
19 Jakob Fuglsang Astana Pro Team + 42'30
20 Jelle Vanendert Lotto Belisol + 42'41
21 Rui Costa Movistar Team + 43'53
22 Roman Kreuziger Team Saxo - Tinkoff + 46'09
23 Rinaldo Nocentini AG2R La Mondiale + 48'56
24 Juan José Cobo Movistar Team + 49'17
25 Andreas Klöden RadioShack - Leopard + 50'38

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Finally won Paris-Roubaix! 2015 in career mode. 5 riders in the lead group with 10km to go, Canc (Leopard), Offredo and Langeveld (Rabo) and Vanmarcke and a bad-*** regen called Vidal (79 FL, 83 CO, 84 ST) for my team. Vanmarcke is slightly fresher, in better condition on the day (+4 compared to 0) and has a slightly better sprint, so I attack with the regen and set Vanmarcke to follow Cancellara. The Rabo boys and Fabian don't respond, and neither chases immediately. Vidal quickly gets enough of a gap of about 30s and holds on to beat Offredo by a few seconds. Langeveld comes third and Sep pips Fabian for 4th.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
Just editing my own version of the 2013 db. Perhaps someone would like to give me thier thoughts on some of the stats of some of the main guys. Here is a list of some of the top gc candidates atleast:

AC- 83mt - 79hill - 78tt - 79prol - 83 rec
Froomey - 83 mt - 78hill - 80tt - 79prol - 79rec
JRod - 82mt - 83hill - 72tt - 73prol - 76rec (this is because of his "weak day, that he allways gets"
Valverde - 81mt - 82hill - 75tt - 75prol - 80rec
Wiggo - 81mt - 77hill - 83tt - 81prol - 80rec
Nibali - 82mt (better than Wiggo so the giro will be more entertaining for me to race :p) - 81hill - 77tt - 78prol - 80rec

Im the same I edit the stat's aswell, because on the 2013 database some stats are silly like Froome is not lower than Contador in Mountains, as of today anyway. I made Cont and Fro just like yours except Contador had 80 hill. I didn't change Wiggo's mountain stats I just made him have more endurance than most so he is more of a diesel, on mine Wiggo is 80mt 78hill ,I also don't like attributes changing two fast I like it to keep as real as possible, I put it on 0.2 evoloution and I make Quintana and Pinot 8 potential to counter that. I think Nibali's mt is to high tho because with his stats like that he can still out climb Froome and Contador which doesn't happen regular, but I suppose it's not two bad because you've made Wiggo's stats better aswell although I think their equal.:D

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
TDF with Blanco (after starting over with modified youngrider stats)
Ten Dam and Kruijswijk as leaders (Gesink -> 2nd in Giro after unbeatable Wiggins. Mollema will be saved for the Vuelta)

First it appeared to be Contador vs Rodriguez and Wiggins, because Froome f.cked up in the first mountain stage (lost 3 minutes). Then Wiggins suddenly fell and gave up and Froome rode a fantastic ITT so it looked to be Contador vs Froome.
However, Evans was being very consistent and even beat Contador op the Ventoux, so we suddenly had Contador vs Evans as battle. In the end, Contador proved to good in the final week. Very nice Tour though, because the battle for the other placings was quite tough as well. A very good Rodriguez in the mountains and a very suprising blanco duo with Ten Dam and Kruijswijk. Up till the last 2 mountain stages I was fighting for top 5/6/7. But in the final 2 stages I couldn't follow the best anymore (insufficient recovery)

This was the result

1 Alberto Contador Team Saxo - Tinkoff 81h19'45
2 Cadel Evans BMC Racing Team + 2'41
3 Chris Froome Sky Procycling + 3'47
4 Jurgen Van den Broeck Lotto Belisol + 5'43
5 Alejandro Valverde Movistar Team + 6'04
6 Joaquím Rodríguez Katusha Team + 6'32
7 Andy Schleck RadioShack - Leopard + 8'47
8 Laurens Ten Dam Blanco Pro Cycling Team + 10'23 RubenI7
9 Thomas Voeckler Team Europcar + 11'07
10 Steven Kruijswijk Blanco Pro Cycling Team + 13'17 RubenI7
11 Pierre Rolland Team Europcar + 19'05
12 Nicolas Roche Team Saxo - Tinkoff + 21'41
13 Daniel Moreno Katusha Team + 23'06
14 Thibaut Pinot FDJ + 24'11
15 Mikel Nieve Euskaltel - Euskadi + 30'01
16 Jean-Christophe Peraud AG2R La Mondiale + 36'35
17 Denis Menchov Katusha Team + 39'13
18 Chris Anker Sørensen Team Saxo - Tinkoff + 42'17
19 Jakob Fuglsang Astana Pro Team + 42'30
20 Jelle Vanendert Lotto Belisol + 42'41
21 Rui Costa Movistar Team + 43'53
22 Roman Kreuziger Team Saxo - Tinkoff + 46'09
23 Rinaldo Nocentini AG2R La Mondiale + 48'56
24 Juan José Cobo Movistar Team + 49'17
25 Andreas Klöden RadioShack - Leopard + 50'38

That must of been fun some great results dude, could you tell me what Ten dam's stats were with modified databse. Also do you find after 1 year doing most races it gets boring so I just mainly skip quit a lot except the GT'S and big 1 day races, because I cant go two long if I do every race its the Feb races that bore me. I defo prefer GT'S though.

I started my first game with the 2013 database. Another national team project, this time with Ukraine. Needless to say, Popovych has introduced the rest of the team to the, uh, services of Dr Ferrari.

I've signed a few foreigners to speed up the build-up process.

Of course, Dr Ferrari has got them doing that since day 1. :D

It's tons of fun when you have a crap team and can roleplay your way around it, but as I'm beginning to have a decent squad I'll probably sack the doctor and say it's time to look forward.

No way Grivko is giving back his ITT Worlds medals though.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I used to try and go earlier. I used to always make my second strongest guy go all out on the first hard climb :D

Otherwise too easy (was playing a lot with AC ;))

I might buy this one, not sure. Didn't buy '12, which was a first since '06.

Netserk said:
Atm I play the Giro (2011 edition) with Movistar. No rider aiming for GC, but only stage wins and red jersey with Rojas. So far I've won three stages solo :cool:

IMO it's much funnier to try and win from a break than dotting up the final mountain.

easiest way is to have a top 10/15 capable GC rider in your squad, lose time early on and then attack in the mountains.
I've won tons of stages that way with capable GC riders, and usually end up in the top 10 as well because of the time i get in those breaks. A lot of fun to play :p
Most brilliant one was with CAS with Saxo in PCM 2011. If I dot every mountain he'd end 14/15th in the Giro GC. But instead I lost time early and attacked for the KOM jersey + stage wins.. Got 3 stage wins + KOM + 6th place in GC as a result. :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I remember that i used to try and do the triple with Di luca :D

Trentino and then giro at 70/80, that worked out :cool:

Tour was a different story :eek: Vuelta i think, I top 3'd it.

TRENDING THREADS