• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Pro Races:Ranked and Explained in One Diagram

Saw this posted in a little place I know and thought it might be of interest, especially to those who may be new(ish) to the sport.
Just about the best explanation of how events rank, in a single picture, that I've seen.

4302351672_0ebd354af8_b.jpg

Bigger and clearer, here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37458067@N00/4302351672/sizes/o/

A

Anonymous

Ah.. but was does 2.1 1.1 etc all mean (i know obviously)

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The UCI's race classification. The first number denotes the amount of days (2 is multi stage race), the second number denotes the category (HC means beyond category). Am I right?

May 15, 2009
Visit site
ImmaculateKadence said:
The UCI's race classification. The first number denotes the amount of days, the second number denotes the category (HC means beyond category). Am I right?

Not quite

1.X is a One-day race
2.X is a Stage race - the number is 2 regardless of amount of stages

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Giro d'Italia taking a place in the inert column? Doesn't make sense. MV, you would be the first to refer to the lack of action at the TdF being inert, vs. the GdI.

The Hydrogen/Helium comparison is too easy.

;)

53x11 in DC said:
Giro d'Italia taking a place in the inert column? Doesn't make sense. MV, you would be the first to refer to the lack of action at the TdF being inert, vs. the GdI.

The Hydrogen/Helium comparison is too easy.

;)

We havent heard from you in ages 53 x 11 in DC or maybe I just havent noticed you, always good to see people return.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
We havent heard from you in ages 53 x 11 in DC or maybe I just havent noticed you, always good to see people return.

Nope - your perceptive powers are spot-on. Took a sabbatical after the inanity of last year's Tour.

:)

Where does electron affinity enter this!? It works mainly, apart from the Giro being in with the noble gases (always a boring lot). If the Giro was in the halogens then the top right wanting electrons (exciting racing) would be quite fitting :D

The lower the atomic number = the better quality the race?

TRENDING THREADS