• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Proposal for a Name Change

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I propose that the "Clinic" name be changed to reflect its true role on the forum.

How about.. The Dark Side of Cycling This will logically include, doping, money laundering, political corruption, influence peddling, criminal activity. etc

Lets present some good suggestions to CN

May 26, 2010
Visit site
rickshaw said:
I propose that the "Clinic" name be changed to reflect its true role on the forum.

How about.. The Dark Side of Cycling This will logically include, doping, money laundering, political corruption, influence peddling, criminal activity. etc

Lets present some good suggestions to CN

Velorooms.com is calling their subforum on doping 'the dark side'. :cool:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
rickshaw said:
"The Toilet"?

Dude, 'The Clinic' is a brand name, everyone in the sport (and further afield) has heard about this infamous 'echo chamber' run by the '12 apostles' that shreds the sports heroes to pieces and leaves their reputations and victories falling like empty bidons between the cracks in the cobbles or in bins 60kms away from the race.

Benotti69 said:
Dude, 'The Clinic' is a brand name, everyone in the sport (and further afield) has heard about this infamous 'echo chamber' run by the '12 apostles' that shreds the sports heroes to pieces and leaves their reputations and victories falling like empty bidons between the cracks in the cobbles or in bins 60kms away from the race.

Well, in that case, we really are running a clinic here.

Dave.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Velorooms.com is calling their subforum on doping 'the dark side'. :cool:

I assume you mean veloroom (without the "s"). VeloroomS is a cycling dating site IINM. I think that's where dimlylitspace got the name. As for "The dark side", it's the name of the "Clinic" of the velonation.com forum. dimlylitspace must have copied it from there hoping no one would notice since that forum is dead/never really took off

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Christian said:
I assume you mean veloroom (without the "s"). VeloroomS is a cycling dating site IINM. I think that's where dimlylitspace got the name. As for "The dark side", it's the name of the "Clinic" of the velonation.com forum. dimlylitspace must have copied it from there hoping no one would notice since that forum is dead/never really took off

http://www.velorooms.com/

Christian said:

Veloroom http://www.veloroom.com/ .. velorooms http://velorooms.com/ atleast get it right.

Benotti69 said:

LOL
funny and class post there Beno :D

Benotti69 said:

the gospel according to P

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=907737&postcount=25
:D

Christian said:
Lol my bad don't get your panties all up in a bundle Sam ... since I visit neither website it's easy to get confused! Plus it's probably still where dimlylitspace got the name from ... anyways I don't think we're supposed to discuss other forums on here so for any further discussion please PM!

Your time of the month julie?

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
oh well

just thought something that described the content better would be beneficial. Illegal equipment, money laundering, organizational corruption, bribery just do not seem to fit under "doping". I mean "bike doping"? GMAB I didn't realize that "shredding the sports heroes to pieces and leaving their reputations and victories falling like empty bidons" was the goal here. silly me

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
rickshaw said:
just thought something that described the content better would be beneficial. Illegal equipment, money laundering, organizational corruption, bribery just do not seem to fit under "doping". I mean "bike doping"? GMAB I didn't realize that "shredding the sports heroes to pieces and leaving their reputations and victories falling like empty bidons" was the goal here. silly me

Well the "Bike doping" thread was largely a response to people claiming that a Briton wouldn't dope because they are whiter than white. It was dope-related enough to end up here.

Most of the UCI corruption we talk about is Clinic corruption, and so much is going to end up here that it sort of makes sense to start it here. You can still find plenty on Pat McQuaid's GCP in pro racing, though.

Shredding the sport's heroes may not be the goal but some see it as the end result.

TRENDING THREADS