• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Qatar, stage 2, Camel Race Track - Qatar Foundation, 147 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Hibbles said:
Dimspace won't forget that comment in a hurry. #whatatool. :rolleyes:

as long as the whatatool isnt aimed at me :D

It was a balls up, no denying it.. not just by sky but by several teams.. we all know qatar is about wind.. unfathomable..

Atleast this opens up for more stage wins for Sky, as no one will care if any of their riders attacks. My guess is that EBH will get at least 2 stages, unless he's in bad shape (which wouldn't be too weird, considering he's been training in Norway and the temperature has mostly been between 15 and 30 degrees below zero).

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
@auscyclefan good placings for burghardt/ballan for bmc, boding well for the spring?

looking forward to watching todays highlights in ten mins on eurosport, its quite following it on here/twitter/other forums on my iphone at work

dimspace said:
I think anyone knows in qatar you have to be near the front.. hanging around at the back and waiting for the last ten k simply does not work...

Unless there was a major reason that was embarassing..

+1 agreed Dimspace.Even the mighty TEAM SKY can make mistakes.........I thought CERVELO road really well today considering yesterdays TTT.......

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
I thought CERVELO road really well today considering yesterdays TTT.......

Haussler is a classy rider and the entire team has a great attitude. Pondered for a brief few on quitting the TOQ, but channeled their anger into payback. Good on 'em and here's to another successful spring for Haussler!

May 6, 2009
Visit site
For those living in Australia, and you have cable, look for the Eurosport channel and they have daily highlights several times a day. I guess it has to be good for something.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
stefrees said:
@auscyclefan good placings for burghardt/ballan for bmc, boding well for the spring?

looking forward to watching todays highlights in ten mins on eurosport, its quite following it on here/twitter/other forums on my iphone at work

yes they are going well. i think they could do well in qatar with the crosswinds. looking good for classics the bmc boys are! Some good racing will eventuate if the splits and crosswinds continue. Sky will surely be alert for today's stage and will proably try to split it up to repair some of the damage of yesterday.

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
as long as the whatatool isnt aimed at me :D

It was a balls up, no denying it.. not just by sky but by several teams.. we all know qatar is about wind.. unfathomable..

Of course not, wasn't directed at anyone, just completing the LA comment satire. :)

TRENDING THREADS