• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Qatar - stage 5 - Lusail - Madinat Al Shamal Distance: 142 km

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
CARTE.gif

I can't make use of the weather reports I can find, but there are two coatsal sections and some sharp changes of direction so there could be splits if the wind is up enough, couldn't there?

Also, the elevations are as follows:

ironing-board-01.jpg

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Current weather conditions Doha, Qatar
SUNNY SUNNY
Temperature: 27 °C
Last Updated: 47 minutes and 23 seconds ago

City location
Latitude: 25.25
Longitude: 51.57
Apparent temperature: 26 °C
Pressure: 30.01 in/Hg
Humidity: 21%
Visibility: 16 km
Windspeed: 23 km/h
Wind chill temperature: 27 °C
Wind direction: SSW

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
3 groups now. Cancellara, Hammond, Bennati and Mol amongst others in the first group. Boonen in the second group. Edit: Napolitano and Farrar is also in the first group. Many Sky riders in the second group.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
1. Boonen
2. Napolitano
3. Boasson Hagen

Too bad the bunch came back on that first group. Liquigas seemed to have no clue how to take advantage. First Oss went, but it seemed like his teammates assisted in the following chase.

ak-zaaf said:
Current weather conditions Doha, Qatar
SUNNY SUNNY
Temperature: 27 °C
Last Updated: 47 minutes and 23 seconds ago

City location
Latitude: 25.25
Longitude: 51.57
Apparent temperature: 26 °C
Pressure: 30.01 in/Hg
Humidity: 21%
Visibility: 16 km
Windspeed: 23 km/h
Wind chill temperature: 27 °C
Wind direction: SSW

To those of us that just got hammered by yet another snow storm, it sure sounds great. I would much rather watch the peloton ride by today than dig my car out for the upteenth time this winter.

Wow! A fascinating stagette.
Only the last 20 kms, but we had echelons, Sky nowhere, chasing, Boonan blown out by Cancellara, O'Grady and Liquigas, cat 'n mouse, more cat 'n mouse, all back together within the final 500 metres, for Boonan to nick the stage.
EBH gets 3rd to make someone a little more happy.

A

Anonymous

That wasnt a bad stage.... for a sandfest :D

And EbH :eek: I think that answers ausyclclefans argument about 65 different people being faster than Ebvald.. No chance, i think anothe 20m and we would have passed everyone..

final few k should be online in about half an hour..

:D
dimspace said:
That wasnt a bad stage.... for a sandfest :D

And EbH :eek: I think that answers ausyclclefans argument about 65 different people being faster than Ebvald.. No chance, i think anothe 20m and we would have passed everyone..

final few k should be online in about half an hour..

Another 20m and they would all have been in the harbour

A

Anonymous

Not Riding Enough said:
Thanks very much. I now no longer read this thread until I see your vid.

if sky are involved the race highlights will be on that page as soon as we find them, sometimes its early, sometimes not till the evening..

Really impressive by EBH to come from so far behind and almost beat Boonen. With a proper leadout, or just a few extra meters, he definitely would've won today. Undoubtly the fastest, but due to his youth and inexperience he obviously is not the best at positioning himself for the sprint when there was no lead out, as Sky had to use all their power chasing the front group.

Can't wait to potentially see EBH getting lead out by Sutton, Henderson, Swift etc in the future!

A

Anonymous

maltiv said:
Can't wait to potentially see EBH getting lead out by Sutton, Henderson, Swift etc in the future!

Sutton, Vigano and Matty Hayman joining the squad for oman, three of the guys from the TdU train..

could be very very interesting..

Im just waiting for auscyclefan to tell us that boonen was sandbagging and if cioleck, ferrar, hushovd and about ten other people where there EbH would have finshed 20th :D

maltiv said:
Really impressive by EBH to come from so far behind and almost beat Boonen. With a proper leadout, or just a few extra meters, he definitely would've won today. Undoubtly the fastest, but due to his youth and inexperience he obviously is not the best at positioning himself for the sprint when there was no lead out, as Sky had to use all their power chasing the front group.
Why is he undoubtly (sic) the fastest? He was on Napolitano's wheel, but couldn't beat him.

A

Anonymous

theyoungest said:
Why is he undoubtly (sic) the fastest? He was on Napolitano's wheel, but couldn't beat him.

He was hardly on Napolitano's wheel.. On that basis he was on everyones wheel, they ended up on opposite sides of the road. I think its more a matter of experience for EbH and knowing where to be a little better.

TRENDING THREADS