• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Qatar, stage 6, Al Wakra - Doha Corniche, 123.5 km

A

Anonymous

Can I do the profile today please?

How about:

pancake-flat.jpg

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna go for EBH, Sky seem to excel at opening and closing stages as well as the shorter ones! in all seriousness ebh looked mighty quick yday

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Tyler Farrar for me today. TTT apart, Sky have looked better as the race has progressed so maybe they can get somethig together for EBH but I just fancy Farrar to pick up a victory.

A

Anonymous

Susan Westemeyer said:
Short closing stage -- will Boonen have the fastest legs again, or will Haussler take it at last?

Susan

Neither.. :p

Edvald gonna nick it from them

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
Neither.. :p

Edvald gonna nick it from them

btw dim, your website is viewable perfectly on an iPhone, the links to the live text for bessges were perfecr while at work.

first live cycling ive been able to watch this year as have weekend off work, im stupidly excited.

oh well

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
after seeing the helicopter view... wow... chicchi amazing win.

BIG Gmac: i think it was hammond. Bos came up later, was far to back tho, had to work like a dog just to get involved.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
chicchi easily the quickest by a distance. in a drag race boonen is not up there with the quickest. garmin and cervelo seemed to struggle with the idea of lead outs. sky lead out too early.

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Great sprint by Chicchi. Amazing. Looks fantastic on the helicopter shot.

Sky lead out train went too early and left just Russ D and EBH too much to do for too long.

Boonen started his sprint too early and blew up 50 m from the end.

I thought Farrar had it but Chicchi came from nowhere to take it.

A

Anonymous

Holy cow chicchi was quick...

As for sky, looked like russ managed to get in edvalds way a little bit, but i think they all started sprinting too early, realised their mistake, slowed down and where in the process of starting again when chicchi blasted through...

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
That wasn't Bos.
Strong sprint by Chicchi, making perfect use of the circumstances. He might not be the fastest, but he sure is smart. Using an entire row of sprinters as a windbreaker.

my b, i had to keep refreshing my stream and it wasn't too clear...

A

Anonymous

stefrees said:
btw dim, your website is viewable perfectly on an iPhone, the links to the live text for bessges were perfecr while at work.
l
Ta, if you do come across any problems let me know..

Video up in a bit

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I note that John Murphy of BMC had another good finish today, breaking the top 10 following on two 13ths. Pretty good for the first couple of days for the 25 year old in the pro peloton.

Ya, Chicchi really is fast. It would be nice to see how well he would do against Cavendish when Cav gets a typical Columbia leadout and Chicchi gets a good sprint from behind. They didn't meet much last year at all so there's not much to go on but my gut feeling is that he might have the best chance out of most sprinters to rival Cav. At least a better chance than Farrar, Hushovd or the other sprinters that had lots of sprints against Cav last year.

ingsve said:
Ya, Chicchi really is fast. It would be nice to see how well he would do against Cavendish when Cav gets a typical Columbia leadout and Chicchi gets a good sprint from behind. They didn't meet much last year at all so there's not much to go on but my gut feeling is that he might have the best chance out of most sprinters to rival Cav. At least a better chance than Farrar, Hushovd or the other sprinters that had lots of sprints against Cav last year.
He just used the sprinters in front of him intelligently. They were ploughing away into a strong headwind. It was an impressive sprint, but don't overdo it, please.

TRENDING THREADS