• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Quebec 1km Sprint Comp, "live" now.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
vcampbell said:
It's not a bad idea, but for example in cross country skiing it's much more enjoyable.

Depending on the startlist I would say. They could drop the prolouges at the GT's and let the sprinters fight for the leaders jersey instead.

vcampbell said:
It's not a bad idea, but for example in cross country skiing it's much more enjoyable.
That's because they usually include a hill so the puncheurs can try something, adds a bit more excitement to it. Not to mention that in XC skiing you can "ride" people off your "wheel" even on the flat.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
insideout leadout said:
Depending on the startlist I would say. They could drop the prolouges at the GT's and let the sprinters fight for the leaders jersey instead.

It's sound great, but in Tour de Ski there is also a prologue, and in the middle a sprint stage like that. In cycling the problem is, that who choose who is the sprinter, and who not, and how many participants should be there? Or a qualify like X country? There is too much question, they should just put a MTF instead :)

maltiv said:
That's because they usually include a hill so the puncheurs can try something, adds a bit more excitement to it. Not to mention that in XC skiing you can "ride" people off your "wheel" even on the flat.
Yes, actually that's the point, but only if you are Petter Northug or Emil Jönsson :)

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
insideout leadout said:
Yeah a qualification round just like in XC. In just 1km the sprinters will be the fastest I think.

Or riders like Cancellara. It's not so easy, because it's very short, much shorter than a "short" prologue, but longer than a simple sprint.