• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Quick-Step to ride Merckx in 2010

Well, as a half-Flemish dude and owner of a Merckx MXM, I'm happy to seethe Cannibal's bikes back where they belong in the pro peloton! It'll be really interesting for me to see which models Boonen et. al. choose for the particular races, especially for Flanders and Roubaix.

I recall Museeuw's comments about the Team SC back in the day--he just loved the bike. I know mine is the best bike I've ever ridden by a long shot. On the other side of the issue, you have to love some of Eddy's other comments about the whole thing.

Meanwhile, former champion Eddy Merckx was pleased to have his bikes back in the ProTour. "I am proud to take the plunge with a top team like Quick-Step," he said. "Our bikes are top and can certainly stand alongside the other brands. But in cycling it is not like in the Formula 1, where the car makes the difference."

He does actually get that it's the arrow not the indian, in a way most people who own a bike company would seem unlikely to say. You gotta love the guy.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
He does actually get that it's the arrow not the indian, in a way most people who own a bike company would seem unlikely to say. You gotta love the guy.

I suspect you meant to say it's the Indian, not the arrow?

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
man there are trolls in every thread on here sad. anyways me i have always liked merckx bikes i personally am on specialized by choice(s-works tarmac sl2) and am happy to see contador on them as well as the shleck bros they are great bikes. i also like cervelo.

red_flanders said:
Apparently I was drunk with excitement when posting.

I didn't realize Merckx didn't own the company anymore. I know he's not running it.

They don't look that great. Team Motorola used to ride the steel frame jobs for a couple of years. The Huffy 7-Eleven set was so much better.

forty four said:
man there are trolls in every thread on here sad. anyways me i have always liked merckx bikes i personally am on specialized by choice(s-works tarmac sl2) and am happy to see contador on them as well as the shleck bros they are great bikes. i also like cervelo.

Well that's 3 brands you like. Might be easier if you list the ones you don't like.

thehog said:
They don't look that great. Team Motorola used to ride the steel frame jobs for a couple of years. The Huffy 7-Eleven set was so much better.

The Team SC is one of the best bikes I've ever ridden--the MXM easily the best. Without riding the new ones I can't imagine how one could have an opinion.

I hope they're as great as his older bikes.

TRENDING THREADS