• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Quinn Simmons is the new Quinn Simmons

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That was really impressive. He wasted so much energy attacking, i think the first attack came with ~70km to go and from then on he attacked all day and still was strong enough to make the final group fighting for the win.
So power should not be a problem for him. He needs to be a bit more patient and work on his tactics, but that should come with a bit more experience.

Reactions: Sandisfan
That was really impressive. He wasted so much energy attacking, i think the first attack came with ~70km to go and from then on he attacked all day and still was strong enough to make the final group fighting for the win.
So power should not be a problem for him. He needs to be a bit more patient and work on his tactics, but that should come with a bit more experience.
Yeah I agree with this. He also tends to attack in places where attacks are expected, like he wants to prove he's strong enough to drop the whole peloton.
A very impressive performance nonetheless. Hopefully we'll see him in more races soon.

Learning to be conservative is definitely something he'll have to work on, but since he's coming straight from the juniors, where this is pretty normal, it's not too concerning. If he can learn to do so, and get just a little bit stronger, you're looking at an awfully good rider. He is rapid in the sprint, so learning to control his powers will do him oh so well.

impressive showing by Simmons today. Did look like he was barely hanging on in the final selection. When the Delko-Marseille guy pulled out with 1.5k to go and he was gapped it looked like he would get dropped but just managed to latch back on. The signs of his potential were there in this race.

He's doing much better post covid-break than before. Very impressive.

I think it’s fair to believe that the season reset gave him the chance to reflect on the early part of his pro career and go away to have fun on the bike before coming back refreshed mentally to get stuck in again.

Its no longer looking like a wild prospect that he might win a race this season.

The real story is that he was just fat coming into the season. Not because he was lazy in the offseason, but because he didn't exactly know what weight to be at as a classics man. He was hovering around 80kg. He used the break to slim down a bit, standing at a solid 72kg at the moment.

Reactions: yaco
2nd today and 2nd in GC at Hongrie.
Mountaintop finish 12km 5,5% (last 3km 8,3%). Only Attila Valter climbed better today, while Simmons was better than Howson, Foss, Tolhoek and lots of lesser names. I'm really impressed.
Let's hope he doesn't win, or he'd be on schedule to meet Remco's first year (give or take 2 months due to Covid19) and you'd have to decide whether to complain or insinuate. ;)

• Wow
Mod hat on:

The posts regarding the current issues have been removed as discussion of politics is not allowed on this forum. Rather than make a judgement call on each individual post we have taken the approach of removing everything. While we are aware that several members who involved themselves in this discussion are well aware of these rules, for the avoidance of doubt, any further political discussion/commentary will result in a lengthy ban. This is regardless of whether you are replying to a post or not. As always, if you have a problem with a post you should report it and not respond.

Cheers,

KB.

TRENDING THREADS