• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rabobank releases details of 2009 doping controls

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
yeah i saw this on rabosport.nl several hours ago and was tempted to start a thread. good to see the numbers. i could be wrong but imo the management of rabobank is pushing for a genuine transparency after the chickengate.

did other teams release similar numbers ? i wonder how rabo compares to say 2009 astana and menchov to armstrong ? whats the latest twitterstrong count ?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
python said:
yeah i saw this on rabosport.nl several hours ago and was tempted to start a thread. good to see the numbers. i could be wrong but imo the management of rabobank is pushing for a genuine transparency after the chickengate.

did other teams release similar numbers ? i wonder how rabo compares to say 2009 astana and menchov to armstrong ? whats the latest twitterstrong count ?

chickengate?

what about Wien Human Plasma?

Mench, Rass, Dekker, Boogy, Posthuma, Weening.

I thought that would be more appropriate to give us transparent info. And why is Dekker elder a DS.

Nah, cant believe this team.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Seems like new riders on the scene get a pretty free reign with doping i,e. 'tested 5 times in a year'. If i was a newish pro id dope like hell during the honeymoon period.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Where are the results posted?

I look forward to somebody spending hours graphing them and looking for spikes to prove doping. Ooops, LA is not on Robobank.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
ChrisE said:
Where are the results posted?

I look forward to somebody spending hours graphing them and looking for spikes to prove doping. Ooops, LA is not on Robobank.

But Menchov is.

Would anyone be shocked if he had a jump in Hct the last week of the Giro?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
regarding menchov i have my suspicions too . you gotta be naïve not too.

but my cautious optimism above was about the raboteam management attitude change, not the trust afforded the individual riders. i mean the corporate wigs perhaps are responding to the enormous public pressure in the netherlands. it’s the same sentiment everywhere in northern europe - the people are sick and tired of dopers.

also recall rabo was the only team that did not hesitate to release the names of their riders who were among the top (15-20) riders from the 2008 tour afld said will be retested retroactively ‘in october-november’. no other team dared naming their riders.

re the humanplasma affair.. it is not over. raboteam pr people are likely bound by the confidentiality provisions of the investigative rules. what i do know is that the austrians, since very recently, are probably only second to france when dealing with doping as a criminal matter. the op puerto scenario is very remote there. iow, we should know,eventually, if the there was any fire behind the humanplasma smoke.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Runitout said:
Why did he leave Cofidis again?

Issoisso: pretty sure you have the inside word...?

Isso alluded to some comments made by Moncoutie, that Moncoutie was implying that Nuyens is dodgy. Nuyens will probably tell you that he got offered more euro's, and Cofidis will probably tell you that they couldn't afford him or making changes to their roster. If you wanted to know the sky was green and pigs could fly, they probably would tell you that is the case.

IIRC after the whole Rasmussen affair blew, somebody who was high up and worked for the sponsors, said that as sponsors of a cycling team, they would be naive to think that there is not any doping in the sport and are prepared for doping cases. I would hate to see them leave the sport compared to Radio Shack for example, because RS is in it for one guy, whereas Rabo have been long sponsors of cycling and support the u23's.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
But Menchov is.

Would anyone be shocked if he had a jump in Hct the last week of the Giro?

Ah yes, Menchov. The one that pushed me over the edge when all confidence in clean riders was lost.

The BS quotes he had after Heras got popped, instead of the normal reaction of a clean rider of being ultra ****ed off, says a whole lot.

In fairness to him, he was probably stressed out waiting for the same phone call.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
They have released the details on the numbers of tests, but are they going to show what the results of the tests were on the blood test i.e. HCT etc?

the big ring

BANNED
Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
They have released the details on the numbers of tests, but are they going to show what the results of the tests were on the blood test i.e. HCT etc?

Yeah - ie the real "details". Number of tests alone means diddly squat. Heck even old US riders can get tested and stay under the radar. It's not until we see the Hct / Retic counts that things start to "make sense".

Where's the details!? :rolleyes:

I think we have 2 chances of seeing them - and one of 'em is Buckley's.

Would be damn interesting to open the entire blood passport up - make it fully transparent. Is it really loss of privacy if the whole world knows your blood values? Methinks not. But boy would it make entertaining reading!! :eek:

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
And if he didnt, what would that mean? He didnt have a top up!!!

Nope, that means everyone (Shleck and Contador excluded) should be crapping themselves about this Tour. That would be a confirmation he could podium at the Tour. Win....no. But podium, hell yeah.

TRENDING THREADS