• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radioshack Fail

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Oldman said:
And they're billing 3 clients simultaneously while posting...what a great business. I'm glad I don't need an attorney right now.

I hope for you, you won't ever need me, if I finally graduate, or you'll probably be rightfully screwed

Anyway to go back somewhat on-topic.

Has anyone heared anything from anyone else from RS concerning the Vuelta?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Barrus said:
I hope for you, you won't ever need me, if I finally graduate, or you'll probably be rightfully screwed

Anyway to go back somewhat on-topic.

Has anyone heared anything from anyone else from RS concerning the Vuelta?

What's that about?

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I never claimed not to care. I certainly care about seeing the caustic influence of The Hog and The Uniballer expelled from cycling. They have been nothing but bad for the whole of cycling, and the sooner they are gone, the better.

If the Hog believes he should be president of the UCI, and that happens, I will stop watching UCI sponsored races. I cannot think of a worse head for cycling.

As for you not being a "fan." Your posting suggests otherwise, but hey...

I can think of one, but fortunately you are off back to school.:D

A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
Is it just me or are there a lot of lawyers on this board?

True story.

Many years ago we were doing an investigation into a series of transactions.

Part of this involved actually going through a lawyer's daily timesheets; he was billing 28 hours - every day. Day after day after day ..............

No wonder he drove the Bentley and had the nice boat.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I am starting law school in two months. Arguing with dishonest people is part of the job description. Just practicing.

Read the job description again. It doesn't say 'arguing' it says 'Being dishonest is part of the job'.

Now if you'll excuse me, the puffy shirt episode is on.

Signed
Ray McKigney

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
-myra- said:
True story.

Part of this involved actually going through a lawyer's daily timesheets; he was billing 28 hours - every day. Day after day after day ..............

Was he billing hourly rate and a half for Sundays?

A

Anonymous

Oldman said:
Was he billing hourly rate and a half for Sundays?

No.

I think the factory was too well entrenched by that point.

We found associates in the firm doing the same thing.

The annual revenue through that place was just mind boggling.

-myra- said:
True story.

Ok, a lawyer dies and is entitled to go to heaven. Can't figure how, but follow the story. He meets St. Peter at the gate and he is a strapping young man, just off a ride where he got hit and met his everlasting fate. St. Peter looks up the name and says, well, we were about to welcome you as one of the oldest living human beings who finally came to his rest, but by appearances you are no more than thirty. The fresh faced young attorney laughs and asks St. Peter "Did you base my age on my birth certificate or my billable hours?"

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Weenie/Bottle 19 seconds
Kloeden AKA nosfaratu 45 seconds Ninth today Ahead of Spartacus today
The Boss 30 seconds ahead of Andy GC

Ja Ja radio shack fail for sure.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
-myra- said:
True story.

That has more to do with the manner in which many bill their time, many do this in 15 minute stretches, meaning even though they are only 2 or 3 minutes working on something they bill at least 15 minutes

A

Anonymous

Barrus said:
That has more to do with the manner in which many bill their time, many do this in 15 minute stretches, meaning even though they are only 2 or 3 minutes working on something they bill at least 15 minutes

And it's even easier if you dispense with those pesky quarters and just bill in nice round hour blocks.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
-myra- said:
And it's even easier if you dispense with those pesky quarters and just bill in nice round hour blocks.

That's also possible but often frowned upon over here, except in certain big law firms

-myra- said:
No.

I think the factory was too well entrenched by that point.

We found associates in the firm doing the same thing.

The annual revenue through that place was just mind boggling.

I used to work at one of those massive law firms before I had a family. They negotiate a lower billable rate for the work but have associates do duplicative work. Tsk tsk.

Back on the fail topic: What's going on with this guy..
http://www.livestrong.com/teamradioshack/riders_FuyuLi/

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Did you get this worked up when Katyusha were excluded from the 2009 Vuelta? Or when Fuji-Servetto were excluded from the 2009 Tour?

Well firstly I am far from worked up and like I said it is just crap when a Protour team is excluded. I thought that was inclusive language.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Sky have said from the start of the year that each rider on Sky will get one GT each. (with the obvious exception of Wiggins). Whilst this may seem a little arrogant considering they were not guaranteed spots in these GTs (much like RS). This comment actually tells the Vuelta orgainisers that they have a serious interest in riding the GT and that it is not just the backup plan in case Tour of California and Tour de France plans fall through. RS on the other hand were going merrily on their way spewing that Tour of Cal is 4 GT shit and nothing else matters. Great way to get in the organisers good books :rolleyes:

You do realise that Xacobeo-Galicia have had a top 5 contender in the past three Vueltas? Someone who has specifically trained for the Vuelta and made it their seasons goal and not a back up plan. You know that guy called Ezequiel Mosquera?

Something that alot of you Radioshed fanboys are also forgetting is that for some teams it is not about the GC. It is about hunting stages, or getting the points or KOM jersey. I'll take another stage hunting race animating team over another team with a possible top 10 position if they are not too tired from dragging other peoples arse's over Cols in July.

Also one last thing as someone else brought it up earlier in this thread IIRC. Why weren't you guys this vocal when Katusha wasn't in the Vuelta last year or when Footon wasn't in the TdF last year????????????

The reference to dragging people over Cols applies to most of the teams in the Vuelta not just one, Astana, Sky and Saxo included. You are totally ignoring the fact that the RS team at the Vuelta would still be one of the strongest teams there. I have always felt that all Protour teams should be automatic invites to GT's.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Recently several business journals have stated that RadioShack is a company that won't be around in 2011.

So how is the plan of sponsoring a cycling team that performs on the world stage going to elevate the brand? There are no European branches of RadioShack. My source told me that the RadioShack board thought the bike team was a folly and that the CEO Julian Day had gone too overboard with the idea of sponsoring a team.

http://www.versus.com/blogs/wheel-sucking-with-neil/team-radioshack-or-should-i-say-team-best-buy/

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:

Interesting article. Seems to be rumor and innuendo than fact, but that doesn't mean it's inaccurate.

Some folks here like to put the cart before the horse. Just because you hate lance, doesn't mean you must reflexively hate anything associated with him. He is a d-bag without a peer. BUT cycling needs sponsors, I hardly see this as the moment to start attacking the people who keep the sport alive by PAYING THE BILLS... It's not like some poobah in a boardroom has some deeply detailed knowledge of cycle racing and its intricacies and said we need to get behind a fraud and a liar.

These guys throw money at the walls and see what sticks. If best buy ends up with radioshack, I somehow doubt they will continue the sponsorship.

And some people here who hate all things lance will be delighted to have cut off their noses to spite their faces.

I've been hearing since March that RS will not be sponsoring the team next year. I think it will come to reality after the Tour.

Look at the way other US teams like Garmin or Columbia plan their seasons and maximising coverage for their sponsors. Its not practical to give out $20million for 2 weeks of exposure a year.

alberto.legstrong said:
Interesting article. Seems to be rumor and innuendo than fact, but that doesn't mean it's inaccurate.

Some folks here like to put the cart before the horse. Just because you hate lance, doesn't mean you must reflexively hate anything associated with him. He is a d-bag without a peer. BUT cycling needs sponsors, I hardly see this as the moment to start attacking the people who keep the sport alive by PAYING THE BILLS... It's not like some poobah in a boardroom has some deeply detailed knowledge of cycle racing and its intricacies and said we need to get behind a fraud and a liar.

These guys throw money at the walls and see what sticks. If best buy ends up with radioshack, I somehow doubt they will continue the sponsorship.

And some people here who hate all things lance will be delighted to have cut off their noses to spite their faces.

For several years there have been rumors of Radio Shack being acquired. The team was just a way to raise the company's public profile and make an acquisition more attractive. It failed. Radio Shack will not be happy supporting the team after Armstrong bails following the TdF.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
I've been hearing since March that RS will not be sponsoring the team next year. I think it will come to reality after the Tour.

Look at the way other US teams like Garmin or Columbia plan their seasons and maximising coverage for their sponsors. Its not practical to give out $20million for 2 weeks of exposure a year.

I think the corporation Radio Shack is intending to open up a European market. You can poo-pah that rational but check out Disneyland in France. Mc Donalds also.

flicker said:
I think the corporation Radio Shack is intending to open up a European market. You can poo-pah that rational but check out Disneyland in France. Mc Donalds also.

Surely you are not cynical enough to believe that the brand and products of Radio Shack are in demand in EU the same (or substantially similar) manner as Disney and McDonalds? :confused:

TRENDING THREADS