• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Radioshack follows suit

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
This is usually what happens with sponsorships: one company gone, the others follow swiftly. It's Domino effect.

That happened to the T-Mobile team in 2007. First T-Mobile, then Audi and Adidas almost simultaneously. Next you know, the whole team was gone.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Armstrong sponsors are dropping left and right now. His public image is at an all-time low. Hs PR firm can't stop it. Do a search for Lance Armstrong and all you get are references to liar, drug cheat, bully, etc.. Even his most ardent Livestrong supporters are leaving him. Just check his own Facebook page. His PR team can't stop deleting all the negative comments from former fans of his. Armstrong is doing an appearance at a football game this weekend. Things might get real ugly and he could get booed mercilessly on TV. That wouldn't look to good for his public image for sure. :D

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
Wow. Armstrong sponsors are dropping left and right now. His public image is at an all-time low. Hs PR firm can't stop it. Do a search for Lance Armstrong and all you get are references to liar, drug cheat, bully, etc.. Even his most ardent Livestrong supporters are leaving him. Just check his own Facebook page. His PR team can't stop deleting all the negative comments from former fans of his. Armstrong is doing an appearance at a football game this weekend. Things might get real ugly and he could get booed mercilessly on TV. That wouldn't look to good for his public image for sure. :D

Damn he needs to cancel that fast, is that an appearance as in the announcer is going to call out his name whilst he waves to the fans?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Big Daddy said:

Yeah that football game... and the comments of basterd Trump made me to skip/boycott the whole season. Keep me updated if they skip Armstrong´s apperance, than i can come back to football.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Yeah that football game... and the comments of basterd Trump made me to skip/boycott the whole season. Keep me updated if they skip Armstrong´s apperance, than i can come back to football.

Look at the reaction from ESPN, SI, FoxSports. Sports commentators are slaughtering him. There are videos posted on ESPN that are extremely unflattering to Armstrong. These arent cycling commentators. They comment on all sports. One guy called Armstrong sports biggest con man. The contract termination and public statement by Nike and others couldn't have come at a better time.

This weekend is shaping up to be very, very bad for Armstrong. The possibility of him getting booed in front of 100,000 people in his own hometown at this weekend football game is very real. Texas Longhorn football fans are very fickle. They will turn on you in an instant. They booed their own head coach last week because they felt deceived that they were going to have a good team! This could shape up to be a major, major PR disaster for Armstrong if he gets booed at halftime in front of 100,000 fans on national TV. :D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Big Daddy said:
Look at the reaction from ESPN, SI, FoxSports. Sports commentators are slaughtering him. There are videos posted on ESPN that are extremely unflattering to Armstrong. These arent cycling commentators. They comment on all sports. One guy called Armstrong sports biggest con man. The contract termination and public statement by Nike and others couldn't have come at a better time.

This weekend is shaping up to be very, very bad for Armstrong. The possibility of him getting booed in front of 100,000 people in his own hometown at this weekend football game is very real. Texas Longhorn football fans are very fickle. They will turn on you in an instant. They booed their own head coach last week because they felt deceived that they were going to have a good team! This could shape up to be a major, major PR disaster for Armstrong if he gets booed at halftime in front of 100,000 fans on national TV. :D

Ok, thanks. Please tell me on saturday what happened. I´ll base my decision to either come back to football or not solely on his appearence (or no show).

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile Oakley has reiterated that it will await the final outcome of the investigation before making a decision about whether or not it will continue a business relationship which dates back over sixteen years.

“As we have stated in the past, Oakley does not approve in any way the use of illegal substances for enhancing performance in sports. Our policy with our athletes is to support them until proven guilty by the highest governing body of sport or court of law,” a spokesperson told VeloNation a short while ago. “We are reviewing the extensive report from the USADA, as well as our relationship with Lance, and will await final decision-making by the International Cycling Union.”

Unbelievable!! But I guess this only reveals how much money the "circus LA" have been gifted all these years, along with all the others sponsors, I would wish somebody would initiate some kind of fund raising so all the people LA have slandered, defendant and called all sorts of names in the press can sue him for libel, lost earnings and career breaks.
Keep the a$$hole busy in court for the next 10 years or more, and make him pay out of his own pocket.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
The press did a good job of jumping all over Nike the last three days. They now need to do the same with Oakley, and in particular, drag McIlvain into the limelight. Drunken, threatening calls to Betsy, stalking Tyler, admitting to Lemond she knew Lance was dirty, etc.

TRENDING THREADS