• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rank the GT with the most beautiful stages

The French are the best at showcasing their country.

Italy is the most beautiful country in the world, but the RAI do not seem especially interested in showing the vast Italian cultural and artistic heritage.

I thought RTVE did a much better job at showing the various castles, city walls, acueducts, monasteries etc. this year than they did in previous years.

cineteq said:
By default, France has, bar none, the most diverse and most beautiful landscapes in western europe. Le Tour rules.

One can argue about landscapes, but as a package, In my opinion Italy is much more beautiful, with its many historic cities, its lakes and also the amount of bigger cities of any importance throughout the country.

Descender said:
The French are the best at showcasing their country.

Italy is the most beautiful country in the world, but the RAI do not seem especially interested in showing the vast Italian cultural and artistic heritage.

I thought RTVE did a much better job at showing the various castles, city walls, acueducts, monasteries etc. this year than they did in previous years.

The French get more time to show their scenery because nothing is happening.

When it comes to beautiful landscape, Arctic Tour of Norway (a new ASO race that starts next year) should be absolutely breathtaking. Not quite a GT, though :p

As for the GT's, it's clearly TDF > Giro >>>>>>> Vuelta for me. Also helps that the first two are sent in HD here.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
maltiv said:
When it comes to beautiful landscape, Arctic Tour of Norway (a new ASO race that starts next year) should be absolutely breathtaking. Not quite a GT, though :p

As for the GT's, it's clearly TDF > Giro >>>>>>> Vuelta for me. Also helps that the first two are sent in HD here.

Have they published a route yet?

I rate all 3 equal. Beautiful scenery and historic sights in all 3 countries....Tour does the best job of 'selling' the sights though.

Tour of CO gets Bad Marks; I wanted to watch a bike race not a travelogue, sales job on visiting CO.

ebandit said:
gotta admit it near broke my heart..............knowing that i will never have enough £ to live in such a beautiful enviroment

not like where i live......................no rubbish dumped everywhere..........and not one burned out car!

You go to prison for doing 123km/h on the motorway though.

TRENDING THREADS