• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

ranking the big 4 by cleanliness!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

the sceptic said:
This isn't very interesting since all these riders are very close to 0% probability of being clean.

More fun would be to gauge more controversial riders.

Lemond: 80%
Pinot: 60%
Dan Martin: 40%
Evans: 10%
Sastre: 5%

probability of being cleans, imo.
What have Sastre or Evans done different to Quintana?

hektoren said:
1. Hushovd
2. TGAK
3. EBH
4. Ryder Hesjedal

Ok, obviously a slight national bias here, but there's never been an iota of evidence, and bloodpass-figures are through-and through consistent. Actually, 3 of them are probably too dumb to want to delve in dubious substances.
The problem with EBH is that he sucks. Under those circunstances you can include a lot of more riders!!

Re: Re:

the sceptic said:
The Hitch said:
the sceptic said:
This isn't very interesting since all these riders are very close to 0% probability of being clean.

More fun would be to gauge more controversial riders.

Lemond: 80%
Pinot: 60%
Dan Martin: 40%
Evans: 10%
Sastre: 5%

probability of being cleans, imo.

Why does a "sceptic" have such a high belief in pinot? There may not be much information to doubt him, but iirc the only argument that he is more likely to be clean than anyone else is the racist - French people don't dope.

He did release all his training files which to me is very significant. It obviously doesn't rule out doping, but at least it shows that his progression and power numbers are within the range of what can be done cleans. This is why I rate him much higher than people who spew the usual we are clean propaganda without backing it up with any data.
Quintana cannot release them because he doesn't have them! :p

Re:

Digger said:
Re: Sastre - I can't even believe people even believe in that guy - but then again there are people who think froome is clean so nothing should surprise me
I don't believe he was clean obviously, but is there anything against him? Like, more than there is against Evans who was the first to be hailed as "clean tour winner"?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
The problem with EBH is that he sucks. Under those circunstances you can include a lot of more riders!![/quote]

The problem is that Sky made him what he is today. It's quite amazing how a supposedly amazing team with the best resources available can reduce a great talent to a mediocrity. Thank you, GB!

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site

hektoren said:
Dear Wiggo said:
You know Ryder admitted doping yeah? :confused:

Yeah, back in the stone age of 2003. Big effing deal! Last decade: None. And, he's believable.

Eh hello, his blood values during his Giro win were well out of sorts, HGB and RETICS indicated a blood bag was used.

Gung Ho Gun said:
I don't believe he was clean obviously, but is there anything against him? Like, more than there is against Evans who was the first to be hailed as "clean tour winner"?

There's no proof - just the circumstantial evidence of being on a dirty team and podiuming GTs left right and centre during a dirty era, and specifically the way he soloed up Alpe d'Huez for the 2008 TdF win. If he was clean it was the fastest clean ascent of all time.

hektoren said:
1. Hushovd
2. TGAK
3. EBH
4. Ryder Hesjedal

Ok, obviously a slight national bias here, but there's never been an iota of evidence, and bloodpass-figures are through-and through consistent. Actually, 3 of them are probably too dumb to want to delve in dubious substances.

Who is Ta Gack?

vedrafjord said:
Gung Ho Gun said:

There's no proof - just the circumstantial evidence of being on a dirty team and podiuming GTs left right and centre during a dirty era, and specifically the way he soloed up Alpe d'Huez for the 2008 TdF win. If he was clean it was the fastest clean ascent of all time.
Well yeah, I agree - but that's exactly the same as Evans imo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Quintana--I'd be most inclined to believe he's capable of his performances without dopesterizing. Would I be surprised to find out he boosts during training, or has taken a bag? No. Do I think some people find his results suspicious because of either racism or ignorance of Quintana's talent trajectory? Yes. Open mind on Nairo....51% cleans
Contador--the argument that he's cleans-ER because he got caught once can be countered by "maybe he's become better at not getting caught." In the more modern parlance of dopesterization I would say he's 15% cleans. I foresee feeling 0% bitterness should he win a GT.
Nibali--dirty as, well, dirt. Guilts by association and implication. 5% cleans, but still entertaining. Seeing him win another GT will provoke derisive, knowing laughter.
Froome--so doped. So, so doped. So obviously and blatantly and officially uncleans. A Calcutta cheeseburger, a Kosher pork chop. He makes me nauseous.

TRENDING THREADS