• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rasmussen also pulls a Rasmussen.

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apparently there was something wrong with his insurance.
Because it was completely impossible for UCI to inform him of the problem yesterday (or two days ago) when he got his start numbers... :rolleyes:

This is one of the situations where I can't help but thinking I'd do a better job running this!

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
RedheadDane said:
Apparently there was something wrong with his insurance.
Because it was completely impossible for UCI to inform him of the problem yesterday (or two days ago) when he got his start numbers... :rolleyes:

This is one of the situations where I can't help but thinking I'd do a better job running this!

Maybe JV should have a chat to Dave Brailsford about the whole "attention to detail" aspect of running a team? Surely it's not a rider's role to be handing paperwork to the UCI, etc?

Dear Wiggo said:
His whereabouts violations have shown his previous inability to do this damn paperwork properly. He either needs lessons, fast, or someone should help him out...
Yeah, but if his employer doesn't handle it for him, and he can't do it himself, he should hire professional help instead of whining on Twitter. If I can't handle the paperwork for my taxes I hire a financial adviser.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Yeah, but if his employer doesn't handle it for him, and he can't do it himself, he should hire professional help instead of whining on Twitter. If I can't handle the paperwork for my taxes I hire a financial adviser.

I know some pro riders who let their mom do it for them lol.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Wasnt a insurance problem either it seems. Just a race against time to get him probably registred as a part of the team (easter holiday delayd it it seems):

http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-04-02-rasmussens-boss-du-vidste-det-jo-godt-alex

Seems like a Garmin issue:
"The UCI however responded to an enquiry from VeloNation on the matter, suggesting that his Garmin-Sharp team may have delayed in submitting paperwork. "

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/1...ause-of-registration-delay.aspx#ixzz2PIovn9Zc

But it does seem strange:

Paul & Dries‏@celiosi5m
@tavalentinsen @inrng Strange, because this morning he effectively was on the team page on UCI site, which is only the case if all is OK

Julien Prétot‏@julienpretotRTR21m
"There could be a mix up with Michael (Rasmussen -edit)", says McQuaid

Sep 29, 2012
hrotha said:

I would really like to understand this insurance business and what it means. Riders pay / organise their own insurance? I would have thought the team handled all that BS. Imagine all 30 riders on a pro team having individual insurance contracts. Good grief. :confused:

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Btw great picture (creepy as hell)

Giro_d_Italia_Prolo_786627m.jpg

Sep 29, 2012
ciranda said:
Insurance is obviously team responsability. Years ago Cyrille Guimard was fired as director of Cofidis when he thought he'd just keep the insurance money from the contract with the sponsor for himself.

The more info coming out makes it sound like a complete fustercluck by the UCI. And probably nothing at all to do with insurance...

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Any updates on this fiasco yet?

To pull a rider from the start line because of missing paperwork is unbelievable. Why wasn't the problem dealt with earlier? Who screwed up here?