• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate La Doyenne 2016

On a scale of Gerrans to 10, how would you rate this edition of LBL?

• Gerrans

Votes: 22 23.4%

Votes: 17 18.1%

Votes: 12 12.8%

Votes: 10 10.6%

Votes: 13 13.8%

Votes: 6 6.4%

Votes: 12 12.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do not know where all the hate comes from. This race definitely deserves an at least two times better rating than AGR ... so I voted 2.
I mean at least we had some cool pictures of riders suffering in the snow which might make the next generation think this race was exciting when they only see the pictures of it. Moreover Bananito attacked twice, it didnt end in a bunch sprint and Valverde didnt win. Thats something...I guess.

Ironically, scheldeprijs was pretty good this year imo - no crashes and a great sprint between Kittel and Cav.

Anyway, this LBL was won by 4 attackers going away on the penultimate climb and holding the gap. Yes there was no action previously thanks to movistar and valverde doing their best impersonation of Orica and gerrans, but the epic weather plus the attackers' success makes this at least a 4 imo.

But no way i'm giving it more than a 4

Re:

hrotha said:
I see people praising the weather, but what's the point if it didn't translate into any sort of epicness on the road? Are you voting on the scenery and the water drops on the lens?
+1
There is only one thing sillier that rating the weather or the scenery, and that's rating the history. And that is exactly the reason why cr6p races like MSR and LBL are still part of the WT calendar. Add 60kms to Strade Bianche and get rid of the Ardennes.

Re: Re:

ice&fire said:
hrotha said:
I see people praising the weather, but what's the point if it didn't translate into any sort of epicness on the road? Are you voting on the scenery and the water drops on the lens?
+1
There is only one thing sillier that rating the weather or the scenery, and that's rating the history. And that is exactly the reason why cr6p races like MSR and LBL are still part of the WT calendar. Add 60kms to Strade Bianche and get rid of the Ardennes.

I'm starting to think that Strade Bianche's lenght is part of why it is so great

Red Rick said:
ice&fire said:
hrotha said:
+1

I'm starting to think that Strade Bianche's lenght is part of why it is so great
Why? :confused:

ice&fire said:
hrotha said:
+1

Nope, Milano Sanremo and Liege Bastogne Liege stay on the calendar. The history is a big part of the romance of a race. Liege has the ability to be exciting, but the right now isn't. That's only something that's been happening over the last 5 years, though. Before then we'd get attacks, somewhere along the line in almost all cases. Same goes for Milano Sanremo. Re add Le Manie and it's a really exciting end to race. And the sprinters/hardmen need a monument.

TRENDING THREADS