• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the 2015 Ronde van Vlaanderen

rate!

Votes: 7 9.3%

Votes: 6 8.0%

Votes: 7 9.3%

Votes: 3 4.0%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 2 2.7%

Votes: 3 4.0%

Votes: 8 10.7%

Votes: 18 24.0%

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
10 for Kristoff.
2-3 for the race overall.
The route needs a change.
Kwaremont and Paterberg should keep more important role than on the old, Kapelmuur - Bosberg, parcourse, but shouldn't lock the race.
It won't be easy to create something between, but the organizer have had their three years of increased profit, so they should try hard.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
a 6, because of the final 30km

a 2 for the first 230km, an 8,5 for the final 30

A 5 from me.

Great ride from Kristoff, but the first 220km were dull and the race was basically all over once Kristoff got the 30 second lead coming into the Kwaremont. I think it really missed Boonen and Cancellara - two real winners who would have been more prepared to take big risks to get 1st.

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
The last 40-50 km was okay but I cannot help to compare with the epic gent wevelgem so have to give it 4 (fair or not)..

Sky were strong but their defensive (haul in every interesting move/deter others from trying something) riding kind of ruined the oppertunity to open up the race earlier on..

I would have preferred some more chaos (apart from Shimano service car fail)...

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
10 for kristoff. 1 for rest of race. Sick of hearing about Sky's new bike on commentary. Like Big Wigg said, Its a game changer. Unfortunately neither the bike or him changed a thing.

6.5/10

First part was too much passive racing, which was mainly caused by Sky and Quickstep tactics. They both stiffled early initiative. Kristoff rode fantastically, smart and strong. Van Avermaet & Sagan raced with real passion. Kudos also to Benoot.

Edit: And also big shout for Greipel!

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
A 8. Easily one of the best RvVs of the last decade. I have no idea where this negativity is coming from?
Is this the same forum that likes boring MTF stages, or LBLs etc.
Edit: but there's no RvV of this decade that I'd rate lower than a 7 (there's only one i've seen live that was actually rather boring)