• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the 2015 Ronde van Vlaanderen

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

rate!

Votes: 7 9.3%

Votes: 6 8.0%

Votes: 7 9.3%

Votes: 3 4.0%

Votes: 1 1.3%

Votes: 2 2.7%

Votes: 3 4.0%

Votes: 8 10.7%

Votes: 18 24.0%

Votes: 20 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Flamin said:
If two strong teams like Sky and Quick Step want to control the race until the last 30k, it will happen. New route or old route, it doesn't matter. But the new route definitely has the potential. Just look at last year, where Quick Step wanted to make the race hard, and we had great racing from 50k out.

But the road from the Paterberg to Oudenaarde. My god, incredibly boring :eek: also the Oude Kwaremont and Paterberg are great climbs imo (especially Kwaremont), but they are used in EVERY freakin race, it simply loses every sort of magic in de Ronde. They could be mythical climbs, but now the only thing I can think is 'oh look, this climb again, for the 10th time in the last 2 weeks'.

Good point. Unlike the Kapelmuur and Bosberg which are climbs we never see and thus are unique which made rvv unique as well.

Totally missing that "magic" feeling.
Maybe the lack of the Kapelmuur, maybe the absence of really big names, like when in Champions League it's Galatasaray vs Monaco when everyone is waiting for a Manchester United vs Real Madrid showdown (sort of if you know what I mean).
That's probably why I hope we'll see a great Wiggins in Paris Roubaix, 'cause the man got that aura that even if you hardly tolerate him you are still curious. It's just the feeling of a star rider, while in Ronde Van Vlaanderen we only had a fading star in Peter Sagan.
It just isn't the same.
Still better than that pathetic 2015 Milano Sanremo.
I'd say between 6 and 7.
Sounds more like a 6 tho.

A great edition, the strongest guys sorted it out. I watched the last 85K. Nikki didn't have enough left to explode at the 800m-1.2K mark. I was rooting for the two chasers to catch up and wreak havoc. Very good race. A bit sad for Chavanel: he'll never win the Ronde. Very good race.