• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate the 2017 World Championships

Rate the 2017 world championshps

Votes: 6 5.4%

Votes: 13 11.7%

Votes: 17 15.3%

Votes: 25 22.5%

Votes: 20 18.0%

Votes: 11 9.9%

Votes: 9 8.1%

Votes: 7 6.3%

Votes: 2 1.8%

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
Cance > TheRest said:
Brullnux said:
The traditional poll. I was not sure whether to do just the men's race or overall, but I decided overall, as it is a week long competition.
Seems like some of the comments/ratings reflect that only the RR has been considered, which was not the intention.
I don't mind, I imagined this would happen. People can interpret the question as they wish.

I voted a 7. I didn't watch the TTs, but the road races were all pretty good. The u23 men had good action, the juniors was good and the women's race wasn't bad either (I only saw the highlights). I missed the junior women so i can't comment. I enjoyed today, there was good action for a lot of it. It was basically as good as we could have expected.The lack of cameras for the last 3km was pitiful, and I didn't like the result very much but the scenery and crowds were excellent.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
4. Predictable it would come down to the last lap and the coverage was poor in the end and I don't really like that Sagan won for the 3rd time. GVA, Gilbert, Kwito etc. disappointed me.
I can't say it was very predictable when at the last Km we could have had a group, Alaphilippe alone or Alaphilippe and Moscon. Add some rain and we would have been here talking about how great the course was

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
4 or 5, voted 5. boring race, last lap was good, Sagan was the smartest and deserves respect, but you don't see people praising Gerrans for being the smartest when he won 2 Monuments.
Overall The TTs where good, the RR circuit was what it was and only bad weather could create a great race.

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
4 or 5, voted 5. boring race, last lap was good, Sagan was the smartest and deserves respect, but you don't see people praising Gerrans for being the smartest when he won 2 Monuments.
Overall The TTs where good, the RR circuit was what it was and only bad weather could create a great race.
Smartest and strongest. He covered 2 attacks in the last 3 km. You wouldn't see Kristoff or Matthews doing that.

Come on, people. MSR is the boring race. It was far from boring to me. Waiting all the time for Belgium attack, that did not come. Sagan was pretty lucky, that France did not manage to send the strong guy to the Wellens group. It would change the race completly. I wonder who would be doing the main chasing. Probably Poland, but big guns would have come out of the shadow and help them.
To tell the truth I was pretty glad that signal went off.
After race I thought this race had been gifted to sick Sagan from Italy, Colombia and Norway, but after seeing missing parts I see that victory was well deserved and Sagan was not sick, he just played the only card that could bring him the title. Risking to lose the race, believing that last 2 km are more important then Salmon hill.
So I give it 9. If Kristoff won it would have probably been 7, :D but winning third time in a row and changing the history adds those 2 points for me.

Rated it a 4 looking only at todays Mens RR, overall I think Bergen put on a great show, the TT was good, womens race decent too, but the mens race sucked hard and is the showpiece of the event. Innsbruck looks like it will really deliver after a weak selection of recent parcours.

That was a really boring WC,no attacking till the very last lap,to easy acourse(for any decent selection)and predictable top 3..really happy for sagan to win and kristoff and Mathews to get medals but the race disappointed me.Hopefully next year will be a more difficult parcours and we can get some good racing...the best part was the crowds/locals...

Overall I gave it an 8; but might have rated it higher but the men's race was a bit underwhelming & the coverage cutting out at a vital time. Great venue, scenery, crowds, enthusiasm, etc
If i was the UCI I'd be wanting to go back as I thought it showed the sport in a good light...

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

movingtarget said:
I gave it a 6. Not a great race but to do a triple Worlds is a big feat no matter how it was done. Oscar Freire did the same and most cycling critics raved about him.
He did it in great style. Look what Freire did on the last hill when Ivan Basso tried to attack: that Freire was a monster! Anyway, Sagan has been great as well today!

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Axel Hangleck said:
Overall I gave it an 8; but might have rated it higher but the men's race was a bit underwhelming & the coverage cutting out at a vital time. Great venue, scenery, crowds, enthusiasm, etc
If i was the UCI I'd be wanting to go back as I thought it showed the sport in a good light...
I hope as well they are going to come back just change slightly the course. With the finish line closer to Salmon Hill it would have been very interesting