• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia Rate the 2023 Giro d'Italia Route

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Rate The Route (10 best, 1 worst)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thanks for the like @Ilmaestro99 . I was right since october.
I came here for fun to read what everybody said about the route since october, compared to what they say now.

I also wanted to see what I said in otober but clearly I didn't make a proper comment. I guess I thought the route was good , but a little bit backloaded.

You were the only one who predicted it exactly how it would be the first 2 weeks and you said it consistently. Everybody else rated it much better.

It's weird because in the first 2 week there is only lago laceno, campo imperatore, a 30km itt until the crans Montana stage. And then the crans Montana stage was ruined into a puncheur stage. And the stage 14 and 15 and weekend was really bad designed with poor stages. One of the worst giro weekends . That penultimate weekend used to be where the Queen stages would be. So I don't know how we didn't see that the first 2 weeks would be so bad. Maybe because we hoped people like Evenepoel and roglic would be more agressive

Or maybe we didn't notice because in October we just see GSB, Croix de coeur, Monte Bodone, Giau, Tre cime and lussari and we get excited for these big climbs

It is a really bad route.

the stupidly hard MTT is what's making this race suck. also Remco going home didn't help either, Roglic would not have been able to wait this long to attack him. Remco up by 45sec going into the full stage 13 (with the full GSB) would've made for a great stage and nobody would be complaining right now.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
I came here for fun to read what everybody said about the route since october, compared to what they say now.

I also wanted to see what I said in otober but clearly I didn't make a proper comment. I guess I thought the route was good , but a little bit backloaded.

You were the only one who predicted it exactly how it would be the first 2 weeks and you said it consistently. Everybody else rated it much better.

It's weird because in the first 2 week there is only lago laceno, campo imperatore, a 30km itt until the crans Montana stage. And then the crans Montana stage was ruined into a puncheur stage. And the stage 14 and 15 and weekend was really bad designed with poor stages. One of the worst giro weekends . That penultimate weekend used to be where the Queen stages would be. So I don't know how we didn't see that the first 2 weeks would be so bad. Maybe because we hoped people like Evenepoel and roglic would be more agressive

Or maybe we didn't notice because in October we just see GSB, Croix de coeur, Monte Bodone, Giau, Tre cime and lussari and we get excited for these big climbs

It is a really bad route.
Nevertheless, i have to say that the riders have some fault. They could have done more on crans montana for example. But the main problem is the route. The route of the giro has been very backloaded, and some mountain stages have been very bad designed like the stages of lago laceno, campo imperatore and bergamo.