• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rate Vuelta 2012

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Vuelta 2012 Rating out of 10 ?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
mostly because of voeckler's historical raid and froomey-wiggo relationship.i found them fun to watch

I think the Pyrenées were ****. The Bagneres de Luchon was a horrible stage. The peloton smoked the first climb and Tourmalet... Peyragudes was a bit better stage, with a frenetic start but finally didnt occur nothing in Balès. Also the stage of Foix aka of the punctures win by Luis Leòn was boring.
But the rest of the Tour i think was entertained, three or four stages very much better than any of the Vuelta except Fuente De. The starts in the days of Porrentruy or La Toussuire were frenetic, more than 30 or 40 kilometres to make the breaks. Riders like Valverde, Leipheimer, Rolland, Vanendert, Horner, Velits, Mollema... people that wasnt so far in the GC in this start of second week tried a lot of times.

In Porrentruy i remenber the amazing push of Vinokourov to send Kiserlovski and Kessiakoff into the break, then the incredible effort of Jens Voigt, a lot of kilometres alone, the breaks catched by other breaks one and one more time, the attack for more than 50 kms to go of Kessiakoff, the performance of Pinot dropping one by one ten or twelve partners of travel, in Croix burst Gallopin and pass Kessiakoff like an airplane. The high rhytm of Vanendert provoking the drop of Taaramae and Menchov and the attack of Van Den Broeck. The battle Pinot-GC guys in the final kilometres and the moves of Evans and Van Den Broeck for twice. Didint occur important changes in the GC but all the stage was impressive.

In La Toussuire an incredible start, attacks of Rolland, Valverde or Horner in La Madeleine, Europcar pushing in the break for Rolland, Kessiakoff fighting for the jersey mountain, then in Croix De Fer Sky destroys the peloton, Van Garderen and Evans attack, didnt succes, but was a courage attack for 60 kms to the finish which relaunched the race, the battle of the break away in the next climb, the attacks of Rolland and Kiserlovski in la Toussuire, Brajkovic move in the peloton for 14 kms to go, Pinot and Van Den Broeck responds, Nibali attack with all two kilometres later, Evans dropped and helped by Van Garderen, in the break Rolland drop Robert and Kiriyenka, Anker Sorensen suffer:D In a medium distance a group of 3 guys, Brajkovic Pinot and Van Den Broeck, Nibali try one more time, Sky suffer, seems that Froome is overcooked but he moves provoking the drop of Wiggins, Sky reorganise, for last Rolland wins the stage completing an exhibition and Froome and Pinot fight for the second place.

This are stages of real cycling (Also the Fuente Dé in this Vuelta too) An sport of long distance. This is what cycling should be and not stages where dont occur nothing , only shows of 10 minutes with the
favourites attacking in the last five kilometres as we saw in Arrate, Jaca, Èzaro, Gallina, Lagos, Cuitu Negru, Bola del Mundo. All the same. 150 kms of the stages wasted. Only action in the final 5 and sometimes in the final 3 or 2. Do you want this cycling? Dont you prefer the Alpes stages of this Tour and of the 2011 edition? Dont you prefer stages like Val di Fassa 2011, Monte Grappa or Montalcino or L'Aquila of the Giro 2010? Briançon 2007?

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
snip

This are stages of real cycling (Also the Fuente Dé in this Vuelta too) An sport of long distance. This is what cycling should be and not stages where dont occur nothing , only shows of 10 minutes with the
favourites attacking in the last five kilometres as we saw in Arrate, Jaca, Èzaro, Gallina, Lagos, Cuitu Negru, Bola del Mundo. All the same. 150 kms of the stages wasted. Only action in the final 5 and sometimes in the final 3 or 2. Do you want this cycling? Dont you prefer the Alpes stages of this Tour and of the 2011 edition? Dont you prefer stages like Val di Fassa 2011, Monte Grappa or Montalcino or L'Aquila of the Giro 2010? Briançon 2007?
I generally agree, although apparently many of the Vuelta stages had frenetic, yet invisible (to the viewing public) starts, with breaks taking 60km to get established.

One thing: to 'smoke' a climb in English implies going up it fast. 'Fumar una subida' would probably translate best as 'to soft-pedal a climb'.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Duartista said:
I generally agree, although apparently many of the Vuelta stages had frenetic, yet invisible (to the viewing public) starts, with breaks taking 60km to get established.

One thing: to 'smoke' a climb in English implies going up it fast. 'Fumar una subida' would probably translate best as 'to soft-pedal a climb'.

Thanks Duartista. I try to improve my english.