• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Reactions from the peloton

Page 53 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
kingjr said:
What if he's right.
I'n not saying he is, but what if? Does he get an apology?
Well, Wurf can start apologizing already, because he's blatantly wrong about those "attention seekers" and "so-called experts" with their "bogus calculations". Even if Horner turned out to be clean (HAHAHAHA), those calculations would still stand.

hrotha said:
Well, Wurf can start apologizing already, because he's blatantly wrong about those "attention seekers" and "so-called experts" with their "bogus calculations". Even if Horner turned out to be clean (HAHAHAHA), those calculations would still stand.

There is a scene in The Wire, where they send one of the police to bring back from the Housing department, the only known picture of their target- the young leader of an African American street gang in the most African American part of the city.

The officer brings back a picture of a fat middle aged white man.
"Seriously, maybe he's white" one of the police, says.

Everyone looks at her and then they all start laughing.

In the same spirit:

Maybe Horner is clean?

The Hitch said:
There is a scene in The Wire, where they send one of the police to bring back from the Housing department, the only known picture of their target- the young leader of an African American street gang in the most African American part of the city.

In the same spirit:

Maybe Horner is clean?
http://youtu.be/Uqbr_fNiMcI

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:

In the same spirit:

Maybe Horner is clean?

Offtopic, but just gotta say how good a show The Wire is. For anyone who hasn't watched it yet, watch it!

hrotha said:
The real question here would be, was he white?

No. The situation was such that in theory he could have been white in so far as no one had court of law evidence that he wasn't, but in practise, that area of the city, that career role, it was 100% impossible that he was white, which is why it was a good joke to suggest that he might be.

And I think its a similar situation with Horner.

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:

In the same spirit:

Maybe Horner is clean?

Horner clean? ........shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BsFfr4WvYA

The Hitch said:
No. The situation was such that in theory he could have been white in so far as no one had court of law evidence that he wasn't, but in practise, that area of the city, that career role, it was 100% impossible that he was white, which is why it was a good joke to suggest that he might be.

And I think its a similar situation with Horner.
Yeah, I got that, but in a TV show the guy could have turned out to be white. Fat chance that'll happen with Horner though :p

The Hitch said:

In the same spirit:

Maybe Horner is clean?
Believe it or not, but I had that scene in my head when I wrote my post :p
I was at least a little bit serious though

Netserk said:
So if a team has one rider who is clean, it's a clean team?

Well Routley is now being out forward as a clean athlete, fair enough, good interview but at the same time we have people dissing on Phinney for having dodgy connections. I am merely ascertaining all the dodgy connections Routley has because as usual there is a lot of hypocrisy flying around here.

Lets put it like this, if I have to listen to people claim that Girona is a doping haven and then listen to them claim Routley is clean even though his team were based in Girona, I think I should be good to call BS on the duplicity.

pmcg76 said:
Lets put it like this, if I have to listen to people claim that Girona is a doping haven and then listen to them claim Routley is clean even though his team were based in Girona, I think I should be good to call BS on the duplicity.

Add to that the number of interviews stating innocent, dope-free performances, only to find out later it was all lies.

I'm not saying either one is one or the other, but one must wait and see.

pmcg76 said:
Well Routley is now being out forward as a clean athlete, fair enough, good interview but at the same time we have people dissing on Phinney for having dodgy connections. I am merely ascertaining all the dodgy connections Routley has because as usual there is a lot of hypocrisy flying around here.

Lets put it like this, if I have to listen to people claim that Girona is a doping haven and then listen to them claim Routley is clean even though his team were based in Girona, I think I should be good to call BS on the duplicity

Only if people claim all riders on teams based in Girona are doping.

Playing devil's advocate:

*IF* a dirty team is based in Girona, but have one clean rider, is it then not okay to say the team is dirty? *IF* all teams based in Girona are dirty, but a few of the riders on those teams are clean, is it then not still correct that all teams based in Girona are dirty?

pmcg76 said:

David-Moncoutie_full_diapos_large.jpg

christophebassons.jpeg

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
So Routley is like Bassons and Moncoutie, he was the only clean rider on the doped up Spidertech team.

He called out the US Postal guys when they admitted but said nothing about his own team-mates. Sounds like ometra.

If you were a clean rider, why would you base yourself in Girona?
Stop trolling B I K E R E T A R D.

TRENDING THREADS