• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Readers Poll

May 25, 2009
Visit site
I was puzzled by the fact that when I tried to submit my answers they were not accepted because I hadn't answered all questions. To me some of the questions don't merit answers, or at the very least I cannot, nor in all probability can any other reader, provide a valid answer. Who amongst us can give a meaningful answer to 'Best Team Bike"? I have not ridden any of them and so have no information on which to base my answer. I could perhaps answer nicest looking team bike or something like that, but such a question would be pretty pointless (in reality that is perhaps all the question really means). The same problem applies to the best new product category; since I haven't used any of them how can I know? Other questions are a problem because, for example, I don't take any interest in mountain biking and therefore cannot judge who is or isn't the best mountain biker. In fact if one is obliged to answer the questions when one is not able to give a real answer it potentially messes up the vote because people will vote randomly in categories they are unable to decide. Shouldn't there should be a 'no opinion' box available?

A

Anonymous

my advice, don't do the poll... less people entering increases my chances of winning the bike;)

btw, did anyone receive the confirmation email? i didn't and i did the poll 1.5 days ago???

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Mountain Goat said:
my advice, don't do the poll... less people entering increases my chances of winning the bike;)

btw, did anyone receive the confirmation email? i didn't and i did the poll 1.5 days ago???

Got mine in seconds.

Still don't know if my answer "No" for the last question will let me get the bike though...

A

Anonymous

badboyberty said:
Got mine in seconds.

Still don't know if my answer "No" for the last question will let me get the bike though...

Hmmm, perhaps i put the wrong email address in twice... i'll do it again.

yeh those last questions are a bit dodgey. they should read:

would you like us to send you additional information (bearing in mind that if you answer 'no' your chances of receiving the bike are zero even if you are the only one completing the surver)?

Perhaps I will use my 'spam' email address to do the poll, rather than my primary one, that way, I can tick 'yes' and still be in with a chance for the bike haha

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Wattie said:
I was puzzled by the fact that when I tried to submit my answers they were not accepted because I hadn't answered all questions. To me some of the questions don't merit answers, or at the very least I cannot, nor in all probability can any other reader, provide a valid answer. Who amongst us can give a meaningful answer to 'Best Team Bike"? I have not ridden any of them and so have no information on which to base my answer. I could perhaps answer nicest looking team bike or something like that, but such a question would be pretty pointless (in reality that is perhaps all the question really means). The same problem applies to the best new product category; since I haven't used any of them how can I know? Other questions are a problem because, for example, I don't take any interest in mountain biking and therefore cannot judge who is or isn't the best mountain biker. In fact if one is obliged to answer the questions when one is not able to give a real answer it potentially messes up the vote because people will vote randomly in categories they are unable to decide. Shouldn't there should be a 'no opinion' box available?

Perhaps, but I took it as an opportunity to familiarize myself with other disciplines. For instance, I admittedly don't know too much about Track or Cyclocross racing, but I read up on the riders and formed an opinion based on their results, and now I know other riders to watch for in the future. Chris Hoy, for example...Dude! I can't believe I'm just now learning about this guy. I need to pay attention to more than just Road and Mountain Bike racing.

A

Anonymous

ImmaculateKadence said:
Perhaps, but I took it as an opportunity to familiarize myself with other disciplines. For instance, I admittedly don't know too much about Track or Cyclocross racing, but I read up on the riders and formed an opinion based on their results, and now I know other riders to watch for in the future. Chris Hoy, for example...Dude! I can't believe I'm just now learning about this guy. I need to pay attention to more than just Road and Mountain Bike racing.

have you been living on a desert island :confused: :D

and its SIR Chris Hoy MBE if you dont mind

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:

the only reason i ticked chris hoy is becoz you keep raving about him dim haha.

about the Sir, being knighted is soooo over-rated. that queen of yours hands out those so often they have lost their value and importance.

it used to be an honour, but now the reasoning is "you're british? okay i'll knight you":p:D

A

Anonymous

Mountain Goat said:
the only reason i ticked chris hoy is becoz you keep raving about him dim haha.

about the Sir, being knighted is soooo over-rated. that queen of yours hands out those so often they have lost their value and importance.

it used to be an honour, but now the reasoning is "you're british? okay i'll knight you":p:D

im too busy lusting over vicky P and lizzie to notice sir hoy to be honest..

A

Anonymous

usedtobefast said:
i find "sir paul" and "sir elton" just a bit much. john lennon would have laughed.

ah, john was a hypocritical old goof.. he would have taken his and bought himself a crown..

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

:eek:

No I've heard the name, but since I've always professed allegiance to dirt and the road, I've never paid much attention to the Track. I have evolved as a cyclist and cycling fan to realize the error in my ways.