• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rebellin signs for Andalucia-Caja Granada

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Its a shames some cyclists are so tied to the sport they dont know when to give up. Shame for them.That they want to continue putting themselves through such a hard sport with no chance of realising former glories.

Maybe he just wants to make some decent money for another year or two and he isn't trained in any other lucrative professions? I don't know too much about Rebellin's non-cycling background, but I'm guessing that he's not trained as a lawyer like Quinziato or as an accountant like Rominger.

If there's any "shame" in a Rebellin signing, then I'd say the shame is with the team signing him.

ergmonkey said:
Maybe he just wants to make some decent money for another year or two and he isn't trained in any other lucrative professions? I don't know too much about Rebellin's non-cycling background, but I'm guessing that he's not trained as a lawyer like Quinziato or as an accountant like Rominger.

If there's any "shame" in a Rebellin signing, then I'd say the shame is with the team signing him.

Actually if I recall right he was planning on becoming a monk before he got involved in cycling.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Descender said:
Colombia es pasión have a good chance of taking Caja Rural's spot.

I think more chance of replacing andalucia as they have been racing worse than ever and this years vuelta doesn't start in andalucia. I keep my fingers crossed for it but I think there is about 50% chance of cep entering vuelta.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Michielveedeebee said:
2 words: The Clinic

you are correct. jens v. should better be discussed in the clinic.

andalucia would be a bad team for him as he will be doing races that won't fit him. I wouldn't worrie about his comeback level because rebellin is mentally and physically like a monk. he can still do very well I;m sure of.

http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=38233&tp=n

"I really want to start again and a rage inside that I hope
translated into positive results. "- a true professional.chapeau!

Environment that he found around him?
"A lot of solidarity, particularly by my colleagues: Gilbert, Hushovd,
Ballan, Tosatto, Pozzato ... '.

About Gilbert: he saw that the valley has equaled its
record with the trio Amstel and Liège Arrow?
"Yes. And I am very happy for him. Do you think he called me Sunday
Doyenne in the evening after the company, expressed his sympathy
and saying that a little 'sorry to me reached. Philippe
a friend and a faithful training partner. Starting from
Montecarlo abiamo cycled many times together. "

happy to see that his collegues still respect him and his whole work over a great career is still appreciated.class act by belgium's finest,gilbert.

i never cheered for him,because he never laughs,he's unspectacular and he looks like a freak,but what a champion and a hard-worker he was and he still is.i hope he will have a nice comeback whatever it will last

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=38233&tp=n

"I really want to start again and a rage inside that I hope
translated into positive results. "- a true professional.chapeau!

Environment that he found around him?
"A lot of solidarity, particularly by my colleagues: Gilbert, Hushovd,
Ballan, Tosatto, Pozzato ... '.

About Gilbert: he saw that the valley has equaled its
record with the trio Amstel and Liège Arrow?
"Yes. And I am very happy for him. Do you think he called me Sunday
Doyenne in the evening after the company, expressed his sympathy
and saying that a little 'sorry to me reached. Philippe
a friend and a faithful training partner. Starting from
Montecarlo abiamo cycled many times together. "

happy to see that his collegues still respect him and his whole work over a great career is still appreciated.class act by belgium's finest,gilbert.

i never cheered for him,because he never laughs,he's unspectacular and he looks like a freak,but what a champion and a hard-worker he was and he still is.i hope he will have a nice comeback whatever it will last

He looks like Tintin, but I wouldn't call him ugly :p

I've always liked riders like Rebellin. Calm and smart. Too bad he took CERA, but not a lot of people here were complaining when Ricco came back. I wouldn't mind at all if he came back to FW and won it for the 4th time. Why so much hate here for Rebellin and not for Valverde?

El Pistolero said:
He looks like Tintin, but I wouldn't call him ugly :p

I've always liked riders like Rebellin. Calm and smart. Too bad he took CERA, but not a lot of people here were complaining when Ricco came back. I wouldn't mind at all if he came back to FW and won it for the 4th time. Why so much hate here for Rebellin and not for Valverde?

For a very, very long time, Alejandro Valverde was public enemy #1 on these boards.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. A lot of people were pretty happy to see Vino, Riccò and even Schumacher back. Most people were sick of the sight of Valverde, felt it was a joke he was out there and wanted him gone. Those people got their wish, and now they either still believe it but don't need to say it cos he is gone, or found that actually they missed what he brought to races, and time has healed the wound.

But quite often these were the self same people who were celebrating other dopers returning. The Valverde case was handled abysmally by pretty much everybody, not least Valverde himself, but some of the reactions to it were beyond ridiculous. It was on a scale far, far beyond what we've seen regarding Contador so far.

But then, I'm a hypocrite since I like Valverde, but was absolutely livid that João Cabreira was still riding through 2009 - he managed to combine some of the worst parts of both Valverde's and Contador's cases.

Iljo Keisse on the other hand has engendered quite a bit of sympathy for his equally appallingly-handled case.

I would say that a doper returning from a deserved punishment would get a somewhat different reaction than a doper attempting to weasel himself out of one.

And seemingly now that Valverde got his ban people have somewhat mellowed to him. But we will see/compare him to others in winter/next spring when he returns.

TRENDING THREADS