• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rediscovering an admiration for C. Evans

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by Lifeshape:
As an aside and not to purposefully get off topic, I think Cavendouche should pay attention and learn from Evans now because that is him when he finally grows up.

auscyclefan94 said:
Cav is a far more aggressive and outspoken. Him and Cadel seem much different.

I would generally agree with you, but there is one kind of similarity - how they deal/dealt with pressure.

Cadel obviously felt a huge expectation of him, building up to a peak at last year's TdF. When things didn't work out, his comments were a bit negative you could say, talking about external factors (not that they weren't true, but sometimes it's better to focus on just being positive).

Now that he's been proving himself, I don't hardly see these kind of comments; he has totally improved in this aspect of being a Pro rider.

By comparison, Cav's gut reaction to pressure is to deny fault, and blame or criticise others. Personally, I would say that Cadel's 'excuses' were actually realistic explanations, and Cav's denials and attacks just BS 99% of the time, but there is a common theme of talking up something else instead of just admitting results are not as hoped and getting on with the job. I think this is what Lifeshape is talking about.

Cadel however has made great progress tho and passed this stage i think, whilst Cav however has a long, long, long way to go....if he ever gets there. So yes he could learn something from Cadel. +1

TRENDING THREADS