• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Refusing to pee in the cup....

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
... is not a good idea.

The Swiss just suspended a billiards player for two years because he refused to provide a urine sample for a dope test.

Billiards? (That is actually a controlled sport?) And doping?

Good grief!

Susan

I think they use Beta-blockers, but I'm not sure. I've heard about that for more sports that require a lot of concentration.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
... is not a good idea.

The Swiss just suspended a billiards player for two years because he refused to provide a urine sample for a dope test.

Billiards? (That is actually a controlled sport?) And doping?

Good grief!

Susan
lol love it. A bunch of snooker players maxed out at 60%. Now I know why they call Ronnie O'Sullivan 'The Rocket'.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone of the forum tried to Pee in the bottle after a bike race when you are dehydrated, whith someone standing over you watching to be sure you dont cheat.

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I believe that declining to take a test equals a positive test.

And doping in snooker, why not? Have you ever seen a final that goes over 37 frames? It's a fascinating sport. The pressure sure seems to get to them.

Interesting to watch the best players in the world completely losing their game all of a sudden. I'd say snooker is as extreme when it comes to focusing as cycling is to endurance.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
brianf7 said:
Has anyone of the forum tried to Pee in the bottle after a bike race when you are dehydrated, whith someone standing over you watching to be sure you dont cheat.

not after a bike race, but after a rowing race yeah, if you can't go they just keep you in doping control and make you drink until you have to... and as it was a Junior 18 event there were like 3 people there, making sure that the testers weren't getting nasty...

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I usually take beta blockers before I blog on the Cleeneek.

So friggen stresful blogin with you folks. Where I am they do not allow bier.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
brianf7 said:

Yes. I asked them to hold the cup if they were so interested. They declined. They were novices and not confident of my marksmanship. They were right to be afraid.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
brianf7 said:

you get used to it, it's annoying but it has to be done, As for the billiards it's strange why drugs in billiards in the first place

Alpe d'Huez said:
Is this story really true? I've heard that golfers (and sailors, poker players, students) have been accused of taking beta blockers, or phenobarbital, to calm their nerves and help them focus, but don't know if this story is completely true or what.

Which story? If you mean my first story about the Swiss suspending a billiards player, then, yes, it is true. I can provide you the link.

Susan

Edited to add: http://www.swissolympic.ch/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-3299/4325_read-31174