• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rhodale/Bill Strickland Propaganda

Some writer for Bicycling (an American mass-media general purpose bicycling magazine) has apparently written another soon-to-be-published book about Lance Armstrong.

I think it is very safe to say the book props up the Armstrong myth.

The fun part is buried in the comments in a Strickland blog posting. In the comments is the "Andreau's in the hospital with Lance" story retold. It's hard to *know* that it is Betsy Andreau who wrote the comment, but the story is retold with excellence.

It takes Strickland/Rhodale to the woodshed and gives their revisionist views a beating.

http://bicycling.com/blogs/sittingin/2010/06/14/what-i-know-about-lance/

May 25, 2009
Visit site
I read a review copy of the book and the verson I had is 100% fanboy-supreme version of all the events of the last few years - even items that have been proven to be false (LA's peadal, efficiency BS Coyle study) are rehashed. A major journalist writing thinsg we know ( he must know) are not accurate...sad.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Some writer for Bicycling (an American mass-media general purpose bicycling magazine) has apparently written another soon-to-be-published book about Lance Armstrong.

The fun part is buried in the comments in a Strickland blog posting. In the comments is the "Andreau's in the hospital with Lance" story retold. It's hard to *know* that it is Betsy Andreau who wrote the comment, but the story is retold with excellence.

It takes Strickland/Rhodale to the woodshed and gives their revisionist views a beating.

Betsy posts alot on media that are revisionist and include her.

One feisty chick. Frankie has his hands full.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:

Please go read her back and forth with him in the comments. If you have the time and are so inclined, give this bootlicking limpdik sycophant some cr@p. I can't get on to post from work.

Guys like Bill Strickland can write adequately enough to generally keep employed, but apparently the advertising downturn has guys like this selling their souls for a few pieces of silver.

Strickland's responses to Betsy are limp to say the least. Pathetic.

A

Anonymous

There’s a lot I don’t know about Lance Armstrong, which I’m honest about in the book—and I’m not just referring to doping. I’m talking about who he is, really, and why he is the way he is, and how much he might understand about who he is and why.

Makes you wonder why he bothered writing a book.. Surely anyone who doesnt know much about Lance Armstrong could right a book.. :?

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
This book will also be moved from the non-fiction to the fiction section before to long.

Guys like Bill Strickland are just small people who prefer the tint of their glasses to the cold glare of reality. He is worshiping at the alter of the dollar rather than making any attempt to understand the truth of the subject matter. Very poor, and I have not read the book (obviously), but from his account and explanation of how and why he wrote the book it is simply another check being cashed on the back of the Lance fraud...

TRENDING THREADS