• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riccò describes the Cycling Reform Commission as a joke

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Ricky Riccio not happy with being hung, drawn and quartered and he is thinking of taking his case to the human rights law centre in brussells, or the hague. i need to ask his counsel where.

this is a crime on humanity.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/ricco-describes-the-cycling-reform-commission-as-a-joke
Italian not allowed a cut in his ban despite speaking for seven hours

Riccardo Riccò has described the UCI-funded Cycling Independent Reform Commission (CIRC) as a joke after speaking to the doping investigators for seven hours but failing to get a reduction to his 12-year ban.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
expect this tome, tomb(sic), to go to the top of the NYTimes best seller list ;)

his biography called Funerale in Giallo – Le Confessioni del Cobra (A Funeral in Yellow - the Confessions of the Cobra) in Milan on Tuesday afternoon

ruminations on one's assassination. the cobra as the intellect. get with it folx

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Weapons of @ss Destruction said:
WTH? Check out the closing line in the article. :eek:

“I wouldn't make the same mistakes that I made. I wouldn't dope, or I'd at least do it differently.”

I was thinking the exact same thing. So much for caring about any records he might set...

May 19, 2010
Visit site
No one told him CONI had the final say on any reduction before he went to CIRC? Maybe he should try reading the rules of the game before he starts playing.

neineinei said:
No one told him CONI had the final say on any reduction before he went to CIRC? Maybe he should try reading the rules of the game before he starts playing.

This was one instance of how this works.

Obviously, the guy is not loved by the UCI, so no one on the federation side would ever campaign for him at CONI. When the issue of Armstrong's ban comes up, it will be interesting to see if there's a different outcome. At minimum, USAC will be pushing very hard for the reduction.

"It seems the rules are applied and interpreted depending on who you are.”

That sounds like the UCI we know. More "dark forces" making undocumented decisions.

Francesco Reda, Mauro Santambrogio both got deals and Ricco did not. Is the process by which they got reduced sanctions public information? I would imagine the UCI has a powerful role in determining the reductions, but I'm not certain about the details.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
This was one instance of how this works.

Obviously, the guy is not loved by the UCI, so no one on the federation side would ever campaign for him at CONI. When the issue of Armstrong's ban comes up, it will be interesting to see if there's a different outcome. At minimum, USAC will be pushing very hard for the reduction.

"It seems the rules are applied and interpreted depending on who you are.”

That sounds like the UCI we know. More "dark forces" making undocumented decisions.

Francesco Reda, Mauro Santambrogio both got deals and Ricco did not. Is the process by which they got reduced sanctions public information? I would imagine the UCI has a powerful role in determining the reductions, but I'm not certain about the details.

Di Luca got a deal FFS!!!

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Ricco, not the smartest of dopers but when he was with SD riding the tour I really enjoyed watching him. He was so obviously doping and just seemed to be playing around on the tour climbs. It was entertaining stuff:D
The fact that we have a peloton with busted riders still racing then I have no problem with him racing again same for JTL. I hope someone is keeping an eye on him. The urge to dope is strong in Ricco like it was for his ex wife.
I hope he can stay healthy. I doubt clean he will brake any records. Johnny Hoogerland said that they used to drop Ricco on the climbs and that he turned up for training and blew them all away i.e. doped. He's obviously a good responder. I say good luck to him.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
thehog said:
Cookson will threaten him just like he did to JTL.
“I don't watch cycling much on television, it's pretty boring. Things are cleaner now but not totally clean. There's still total hypocrisy, some teams are still protected,” Riccò said, refusing to offer any further details to Cyclingnews to back up his accusations.

Just goes to show that there is no justice in cycling really. Ricco gets banned for life even though he was just one doper out of many, meanwhile the dawg is allowed to dope by the UCI and will never test positive.

TRENDING THREADS