• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richie Porte - what do we know about him?

Page 137 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
New team members at Team Sky are injected with asthma via a syringe with no needle. A side effect of the asthma treatment causes weight loss while power is maintained. Those riders who are unfortunate enough to breathe freely cannot compete with these maximal gains.

topcat said:
New team members at Team Sky are injected with asthma via a syringe with no needle. A side effect of the asthma treatment causes weight loss while power is maintained. Those riders who are unfortunate enough to breathe freely cannot compete with these maximal gains.
Can you provide a link to this?
Thanks in advance

Re: Re:

ferryman said:
rick james said:
wansteadimp said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
After the acceleration he did yesterday, I just have to ask:

Does Porte have asthma?

He's a successful endurance athlete, of course he has asthma.
back that up with facts please!
He wrote about it in his book...oh, wait a minute, he didn't.

It’s not really answering the question is it?

Benotti69 said:
wansteadimp said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Does Porte have asthma?

He's a successful professional cyclist, of course he's clean!!!!!

He rode for Team Sky, of course he never used any type of illegal doping product, ever!!!!!

ferryman said:
rick james said:
wansteadimp said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Does Porte have asthma?

back that up with facts please!
He wrote about it in his book...oh, wait a minute, he didn't.

But he will, no problem with that :lol:

LRP doing his bit for Omertà - I mean how the hell did this get out?! :cool:

What do you make of the ongoing controversy around Froome?

It’s a tricky one. Chris and I have been teammates for years and I never saw anything to doubt that he’s genuine and the best Grand Tour racer of his generation. So it came as a massive surprise to me this whole thing too. I think for him to come out and win the Giro under that cloud of controversy just shows how mentally strong the guy is. But it’s yet to be seen if he is going to ride the Tour. Who knows.

I mean at the end of the day it’s just a shame that cycling once again airs its dirty washing in public, because it shouldn’t even be out there. People forget that. I think people are going to say that I’m just covering for him but at the end of the day he has the right to have been able to defend himself without it all being in the media. I mean, he’s a human being after all. Somehow it’s been leaked and I think that’s also something that needs to be investigated; how the hell it got out.

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/06/richie-porte-qa-on-fatherhood-tour-de-suisse-le-tour-and-bmcs-future/

I agree with Porte - This should have remained a confidential matter until a decision is made - I always find it strange that the 'paragons of virtue' in this part of the forum adopt such a hypocritical attitude - Porte's opinion of the leaking of information has absolutely NOTHING to do with Omerta - To suggest otherwise is mischievous.

Why would you even say anything like that, even if you believed it? The correct way to answer that (unless you know for certain that CF has a magic bullet to make the AAF disappear) is "He's allowed to race, so he is. I'm not sure what I would do in that situation. I hope it gets resolved quickly." Nothing else.

TRENDING THREADS