• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Richmond 2015 World Championships

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
issoisso said:
If the organizers get their wish, Ponferrada will be harder than Duitama. They want to finish the race at the top of El Morredero

Lol where did you get that info from?

The ITT will finish 9km into the Morredero, which is still pretty far from the top, and will have 30 flat kms before that.

The road race will be a circuit with a long climb, a shorter one and some scattered ramps, including possibly some metres of cobblestones at 10% gradient in the city castle, though I find this last bit hard to believe.

Warming up this thread because it's seems redundant to start another.

http://www.richmond.com/richmond-2015/a ... 48abc.html

The nine-day event is expected to attract 450,000 on-site spectators and a worldwide television audience of about 300 million.

I have grave doubts there would be more than 10 million viewers total.

Given the huge losses at Ponferrada paid for by the municipality, I don't see this one going any better.