• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ride the Vuelta

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Are you going to do this? Ride everyday and then take a day-off for the rest day? I know BroDeal did this for the Giro and the Tour.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
See, that is what showing off during the "Ride the Tour" thread gets you. :)

:) I felt really good after the Tour.
Took a 10 day trip to the mountains with my family (brought both my road bike and MTB) in early August, slept at altitude, got my hematocrit up to 50!
Got back home, went for a MTB race, had a fall, hit my knee. Sat out 5 days without riding (should have missed a few more).

Should be fully fit in about 4-5 days. Just to get my knee warmed up in time for the mountains:D.

You planted a nasty bug in my head;)

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I can't do this everyday, and during the week, riding to work and back will count as my ride, but today I got 117km in, including 43km of them was in a crit with the average speed of 41.5km/h. I was able to average more then 32km/h for the whole day. I rode more then 30km to get home and I got to enjoy the sight of all the pretty girls out riding their bikes.

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I wanted to do during the Tour but I quickly remembered how lazy I am.

I am gonna give it another go for the Vuelta, I doubt I'll finish, I'm far to lazy to ride consistently for more than a week.

I'm easily the worst cyclist ever.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm already out tomorrow. During a short ride today I noticed a problem with my rear wheel and my local, regular bike shop isn't open 'till tuesday. So either I'll do a real short ride on a city bike, but probably, I'm out

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
So far I've managed to ride everyday of the Vuelta 'cept for 2 days. (I rode yesterday during the rest day, which makes up for 1 I guess). My mileage isn't exactly as high as I would have liked, but hopefully I can pick it up in the 2nd half of the race.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Oh I didn't see this thread...was trying to ride every day with the Vuelta.

Stage 1: Since 3 of us were doing this at work, we decided to ride stage 1 as a team time trial. So we did the 13km time trial.

Stage 2: 65 miles
Stage 3 : Rides during the week are hard now since I can't get on a bike till around 6pm, and it gets dark quick. 25 miles
Stage 4: 20 miles
Stage 5: 27 miles
Stage 6 : 26 miles
Stage 7: 28 miles
Stage 8: 42 miles
Stage 9: 133 miles went from Philly/New Hope, PA/NYC
Stage 10: 26 miles