• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Rider and team threads directory

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
@Red Rick and other mods and admins, i noticed most of the threads in the opening posts do not work anymore since the forum update last month. The majority of links now sends you to a

404 Not Found​

page.
The unique thread number is still the same. So the link to Ala's thread: [...]viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29305 ends with that number. Insert that number where the thread title is and you have: https://forum.cyclingnews.com/threads/29305

The link to Peter Sagan's thread doesn't work.

Lotte Kopecky's thread hasn't been added to the index yet.

Jezzus, it goes back to 2011 and Radioshack Leopard days! I was looking for Trek Segafredo :D
Oh well, maybe some kind mod with 2 minutes to spare can resurrecte the thread with an amended title?

Ditto for the Israel - Premier Tech thread please.

There may be others.

Last edited:

Last edited:
The unique thread number is still the same. So the link to Ala's thread: [...]viewtopic.php?f=6&t=29305 ends with that number. Insert that number where the thread title is and you have: https://forum.cyclingnews.com/threads/29305

Thanks to the magic of the Find and Replace function in Word, I have (I believe) fixed all the old references, so they should now work.

I have added this thread to my watched list, so if you put names here I should find them (I know I haven't done the most recent few yet: they are on my to-do list, as is a sort out of the teams list)

• Love
Reactions: Devil's Elbow
Is it preferable to change all the team threads to their most recent name? (I have renamed a thread called Radioshack-Leopard just now)

Should I duplicate links in the Teams listing (so have Decathlon Ag2R listed under Decathlon and Ag2R (and Citroen?)) I guess there is a limit to this: no intention of indexing Movistar under Reynolds.

Is it preferable to change all the team threads to their most recent name? (I have renamed a thread called Radioshack-Leopard just now)

Should I duplicate links in the Teams listing (so have Decathlon Ag2R listed under Decathlon and Ag2R (and Citroen?)) I guess there is a limit to this: no intention of indexing Movistar under Reynolds.
First of all, excellent work!

I would say yes to your first point (depending on how much work it is, not sure how many team threads have an outdated name) and no to the second.

Øxenborg Hansen should be down at the buttom, under 'Ø'. It's a separate letter, you know, not just 'O' written in a fancy way.

I really don't see why it should be necessary to colour-code the women.

Westra also had a thread, but I don't know if there's any point in adding it now...

Øxenborg Hansen should be down at the buttom, under 'Ø'. It's a separate letter, you know, not just 'O' written in a fancy way.

I really don't see why it should be necessary to colour-code the women.

Westra also had a thread, but I don't know if there's any point in adding it now...

Probably not 'necessary' to colour code the women, but seems harmless and potentially useful to some.

I'm sure that Øxenborg, and others, would be ordered differently in their native languages, but I am assuming that norms of English prevail here (so I probably ought to move Cruz, de la, David)

I'm happy to add historic names, so Westra can go on the to-do list; add any others below.