• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders for whom 2010 was an annus horribilis

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
Totally on the list. That counts as an annus horribilis for him, even if he is a bad bwoy. :)

+1 for Maaskant too. I expected at least a flash of greatness. Another early spring sickness, perhaps?

I'm doubting we'll ever see the greatness we/I? once expected from Maaskant.

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
L'arriviste said:
+1 for Maaskant too. I expected at least a flash of greatness. Another early spring sickness, perhaps?

Got hit by his own teamcar in one of the spring classics. Can't be too encouraging.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
saganftw said:
uranus ...hahaha get it? :D...:( fail

All this Annus stuff was inspired by the Queen of England and went down like a lead balloon in Britain. The English Royal family should stick to killing wild animals, attending horse races and setting dogs on strangers and not lame attempts at humour, hopefully they've learned their lesson.

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Nuyens (why?), Kroon (crash), stef clement (not competing in dutch TTchampionship or worlds TT), hoogerland (only 2nd in Marsailleise? rumours he was overtrained last winter?)

Sastre (breaking most GT in top20 records lately...), Haussler, VDV (again), Ballan (last year at least he won Pologne)
Cunego? was in the Ardennes, but not that close to winning something. Wasn't even starting in Lombardia and did not see him rest of the season?
Hincapie :p sorry but grandpa has had his changes a few years back in PR/RVV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
jaylew said:
Cobo and Kessiakoff. Invisible.

If I'm not mistaken Kessiakoff was top-5 most racing km's in 2009 (as a first year professional road racer) - as a result he was cooked/overworked in spring 2010 and to add insult to injury crashed his chest into the handlebars.

Hopefully he will return to his 2009 form (and better) with Astana in 2011..

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:
What about Stuart O'Grady? By his standards it has been a very disappointing season, especially with his Vuelta expulsion.

meh at 37 what can you really expect?

not like he has been winning anything since 2007 anyway, except maybe a stage or two of the herald sun...

TRENDING THREADS