• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rider's schedule 2015 season

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
grizzlee said:
Roche will be co leader with either Porte or Thomas. Cant see Thomas being a leader if both Roche and Porte are there.
Any reason why Roche would be above Thomas ? G was close to podium last year and will be in good shape after TDU and Algarve. Roche usually starts season pretty slow, cant see a reason why he would be a leader or co-leader.

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Wallenquist said:
Any reason why Roche would be above Thomas ? G was close to podium last year and will be in good shape after TDU and Algarve. Roche usually starts season pretty slow, cant see a reason why he would be a leader or co-leader.

Just a personal opinion to be honest, I think he is a better all round rider than G. Paris Nice I feel could suit Roche this year, Now I could be completely wrong here but im hedging that Roche has been promised certain leadership roles from Sky. Apparently he was told at Saxo that he was just gonna be a superdom with no leadership, (Contador and Majka clear leaders). So why else leave Saxo for Sky. Id be pretty sure the salary is about the same.

grizzlee said:
Just a personal opinion to be honest, I think he is a better all round rider than G. Paris Nice I feel could suit Roche this year, Now I could be completely wrong here but im hedging that Roche has been promised certain leadership roles from Sky. Apparently he was told at Saxo that he was just gonna be a superdom with no leadership, (Contador and Majka clear leaders). So why else leave Saxo for Sky. Id be pretty sure the salary is about the same.

Tinkoff was not able/willing to meet Roche's wage demand. That was the primary reason for leaving.

Anyway, I think leadership at PN will boil down to the final details of the parcours.

grizzlee said:
Roche usually sucks until July....

grizzlee said:

Gerraint was doing better than fine in P-N until his crash. Then again, the route somewhat favoured him, and some of the seconds he held on the rest were gotten from a small break with Slagter. So I dunno.

P/N leadership will depend on form , course ,etc

But I believe Roche will be looking for leadership here ...He rode it very well in 2010 & 2012 ..
Thomas has said he hasn't gone too hard this winter and is looking to build form

See no reason that the first few days can't decide it....there are usually only one or 2 climbs and dependent on how steep etc we can see how it goes

Not sure why Wiggo is riding it....hardly to make up the numbers or be a domestique ??? He deos he not do West Vlaanderen or Strade Bianche ???

P.S.Don't believe everything Oleg says on twitter...Roche senior has said Roche junior left becuase of lack of opportunity with Contador, Majka, Sagan ,Kreuziger, etc

Can help but think Roche has got his caeer backwards...When he was a leader he should have been a dom and by now he should be trying to lead

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
grizzlee said:

roche is brought in at sky as a pure domestique. same with poels. thomas isn;t

Sam Bennett (Bora - Argon18)

The two flat days of Majorca Challenge
Qatar
Oman
Tirreno
MSR

Details not specified after that, but they plan that he will have 42 race days up to the end of June. Which is a lot for a second year pro. And it seems likely that he will be doing the Tour, which would probably mean the Dauphine as well.

In addition, his sprint train has been announced: Matzka-Schorn-Dempster-Archbold-Bennett.

http://www.bora-argon18.com/en/news...ico-poitschke-about-the-teams-sprint-captain/

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Zinoviev Letter said:
Sam Bennett (Bora - Argon18)

The two flat days of Majorca Challenge
Qatar
Oman
Tirreno
MSR

Details not specified after that, but they plan that he will have 42 race days up to the end of June. Which is a lot for a second year pro. And it seems likely that he will be doing the Tour, which would probably mean the Dauphine as well.

In addition, his sprint train has been announced: Matzka-Schorn-Dempster-Archbold-Bennett.

http://www.bora-argon18.com/en/news...ico-poitschke-about-the-teams-sprint-captain/

Bora will have a sprint train? :eek:

Well, nothing wrong with being ambitious :D

Jancouver said:
Bora will have a sprint train? :eek:

Well, nothing wrong with being ambitious :D

It's not like they have anything better to do on flat stages, and Nerz hardly warrants the same level of support as Konig.

They liked the cut of Bennett's jib so much last year that they offered him a long term contract when he still had another year on a cheap neopro contract to go. Presumably part of the deal was proper support. Which for a sprinter means a train. It also meant bringing in Archbold as a full time final lead out. It's not like their train is going to be trying to match horsepower with the Quickstep or Giant boys, but it will be a big leg up for Bennett in a lot of smaller races.

Sky in Feb:

Dubai:
BOSWELL Ian
EISEL Bernhard
FENN Andrew
LOPEZ David
PUCCIO Salvatore
SWIFT Ben
THOMAS Geraint
VIVIANI Elia

Qatar:
WIGGINS Bradley