• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders who deserve a win

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
There are riders in the sport of cycling who either have no wins to their name or have not had any wins in a real long time. Usually these riders are domestiques and sacrifice their chances for their team leaders. From here, I always say that cycling is probably the most selfless sport.
It explains why some riders leave teams in search of a more free role.

Steven Cozza now that he's moved to a new team, I hope he can get a few wins this year.

Oliver Zaugg is someone who I think really needs to win something. He's placed good in grand tours and other races, but never a number one.

Who do you think deserves a stage win?

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Andreas Klöden. This guy has several wins and top-placings to his name, but he is lacking a well-deserved GT stage. He came in second severals times in ttour stages 2004 and 2005, but never made it to the top...

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
SiAp1984 said:
Andreas Klöden. This guy has several wins and top-placings to his name, but he is lacking a well-deserved GT stage. He came in second severals times in ttour stages 2004 and 2005, but never made it to the top...

HELL YES!
Klodi is one of my favorite riders. It seems like he's the guy for Radioshack in Mallorca, lets see if he can get away with something

Michele said:
Marco Marcato.
Ditto.

This guy had so many top-10's last year, it's almost crazy. Apparently he's continuing this impressive but annoying no-win streak this year: 2 x 2nd, one 3rd, one 4th and one 5th already. He hasn't won a race since August 07!

That man deserves a win!

SiAp1984 said:

Me too for Kolden.
I also thought Jens Voigt, but not for something major... after all that would be a lot to ask for someone who's 39-ish yo... but maybe a stage win or something like that.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
on3m@n@rmy said:
I also thought Jens Voigt, but not for something major... after all that would be a lot to ask for someone who's 39-ish yo... but maybe a stage win or something like that.

Well to be fair he has won 2 Tour stages (+ 1 ITT) and 1 Giro stage. 2 days in yellow, 5x Critérium International, Tour de Pologne, Bayern Rundfahrt, Deutschland Tour ...

But it would indeed be nice to see him get at least one win this season!

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Leonardo Duque

On a side note, anybody feel bad for Breschel at the worlds last year when he slammed his handlebars for losing?

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Eric8-A said:
Leonardo Duque

On a side note, anybody feel bad for Breschel at the worlds last year when he slammed his handlebars for losing?

ehmmmm Not... but I can't either stand Hushovd in rainbow jersey...

Leo Duque!!! ufff hope He can be in this year's Tour... I'd like to see him winning at least 1 stage!

Amets Txurruka, Aleksandr Kolobnev, Vasily Kiryienka, Amets Txurruka, Jérôme Pineau, Íñaki Isasi, Amets Txurruka, Mikhail Ignatiev, Steve Cummings, Amets Txurruka, Matteo Pelucchi, Marco Pinotti, Amets Txurruka, Przemysław Niemiec, Andreas Dietziker, Amets Txurruka, José Vicente García Acosta, André Cardoso, Amets Txurruka, Bartosz Huzarski, Julien Simon...

...and Amets Txurruka.