• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders You Hate

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hate is a strong word ..... but Virenque all the way, never really warmed to Lemond and I thought the Cipollini was a bit of a knob at times. Now I would have to say that I am finding Evans a bit of a ****, though I did warm to him in the Giro when he kept attacking the Spaniels !!! and I think that Cav while he is an immense talent needs to find that bit of humility that comes with being great.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hard to hate someone if you've never met them. I can't stand riders who have been convicted for drug cheating and come back to the sport as if nothing had happened. Kick them out for life. That goes for David Millar etc.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
39*23t said:
who's that on your avatar

I chose that picture because lemond is my favourite rider of all time and that was one of the iconic moments, Even though hinault looked like he was trying to help lemond one of my friends thatd rode for La vie claire said that Hinault was trying to drop lemond but he couldn't do it so he ended up dragging him up the climb. That tour made me seriously dislike hinault.

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
LeMond is a prime candidate for somebody to hate since all he has done after racing is continue to flap his lips about supposition. His jealousy that he isn't America's best cyclist is pathetic. As I posted before, he wasn't even the best at his best - Davis Phinney.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
franciep10 said:
who was belokki talking to, I have him on my ignore list.

to you!! At least edit it to '' Riders I don't like! '' You can ignore me... I don't mind

For the record: Cavendish (don't hate him, just don't like him )

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I dont understand the thread OP?

I say why would you hate someone you dont know or have even ever met ???

I save those emotions for ppl that have a direct effect on my life...

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
EricBikeCO said:
LeMond is a prime candidate for somebody to hate since all he has done after racing is continue to flap his lips about supposition. His jealousy that he isn't America's best cyclist is pathetic. As I posted before, he wasn't even the best at his best - Davis Phinney.

I believe Davis would disagree on that.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
EricBikeCO said:

What are you talking about? Lemond was ten times the rider Phinney was. Jealousy, please...

Current riders I dislike....

I can't really think of any to be quite honest, barring Armstrong. There are riders I prefer to see win over others, but non who I outright want to see fail.

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Riders I am not a fan of:

Distant past: Kubler, Anquetil
past: Delgado, Chiapucci (by default, I was a LeMond fan)
Recent past: Virenque, Pantani, Schumacher, Hamilton
Present: Boonen, Valverde, Kloden, Leipheimer, Armstrong (old rooster still trying to crow, see Michael Jordan syndrome)

(Voekler used to be on this list, but now I find him entertaining)

Apr 10, 2009
Visit site
Ibanez said:
You didnt like Pantani!!! The guy was a legend.

I know, but I just didn't care for him, something rubbed me the wrong way. Some think Armstrong is a legend too. Legends have their fans and their detractors.

A

Anonymous

Past: Chiapucci, Malcolm Elliot
Recent Past: Armstrong
Present: Cadel Evans

But hate is a strong word. I realize that I sound like I hate Armstrong, but I wouldn't describe it as "hate" as I have no desire to see him killed. I reserve that emotion for only the most heinous of criminals. Ahmadinejad comes to mind right now.

TRENDING THREADS