• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders You Hate

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Evans, perfect introverted, hidden kind of personality to be a dope.
Ricco, we'll see when he comes back.
Kohl, a fraud
Di Luca, too much arrogance in someone not good enough to ride the tour.
Rassmusen, was anybody surprised to find him dirty? Is he coming back? my favorite memories are of him crashing for no apparent reason.
Vinokourov, wan't surprised to find him a fraud. I'll try to keep an open mind when he comes back.

franciep10 said:
Read the post, personal reasons. That he and I have

Well come on lets have it then?

Met the man a few times. Humble hoser. Greatest bike race Canada ever produced. Not a lot there to hate. He hook you once at some long forgotten crit? Went a bit pro on you with his attitude? Ok then I guess I hate Robbie Ventura...

Hope its something more substantial than that.

A

Anonymous

luckyboy said:
Although the Giro is harder than the tour? :eek:

sometimes it could be argued so. Not this year.

re: Di Luca, I'm guessing if he can't be a tour team leader he doesn't care to be in it.

I could see him playing a role on someones tour team.

Another reason not to like him?

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
hulkgogan said:
Well come on lets have it then?

Met the man a few times. Humble hoser. Greatest bike race Canada ever produced. Not a lot there to hate. He hook you once at some long forgotten crit? Went a bit pro on you with his attitude? Ok then I guess I hate Robbie Ventura...

Hope its something more substantial than that.

OK he and my brother had a feud over a girl, then when I was just starting out I tried to sign for one of his teams and he found out about me and said that if they sign me he leaves the team, of course they didn't sign me, then after that I saw him and he said said tell you're brother we're even. Now at this time he was one of my idols, after that my mind turned. Great cyclist though.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
jackhammer111 said:
sometimes it could be argued so. Not this year.

re: Di Luca, I'm guessing if he can't be a tour team leader he doesn't care to be in it.

I could see him playing a role on someones tour team.

Another reason not to like him?

But, the Tour route this year really isn't that hard either compared to other years, to few mountain top finishes. As for excitement, I have always thought that the racing in the Giro is more exciting to watch. The Tour to me is just to predictable, so that takes some of the excitement out of the race for me.

As for Di Luca after he won the Giro in 07 he said he has no love for the Tour, a lot of Italian riders feel the same way, the Giro will always be number one for them. I think Di Luca could do well in the Tour but not win it if he gave it 100%. Because, he suffers on the real steep climbs and the climbs in the Tour aren't generally as steep as the climbs in the Giro. But he will always lose time in the TT. I agree he can be arrogant at times, but I like his aggressive riding style.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Can I hate on Ligget and Sherwin here? They are really starting to annoy me. I don't see how they can talk for four or five hours during live coverage and yet not say anything memorably inciteful the whole time.

Versus could save money by developing a computer program to mix 'n' match sound clips of their standard lines. Who would notice? Maybe they've already done it.

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
Tyler Hamilton

What a phoney.

The action that really got me was when he spoilt the 2003 Tour by holding Ullrich up after Armstrong had crashed - what was it to do with Hamilton (bet he got a big fat brown envelope).

May 26, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Can I hate on Ligget and Sherwin here? They are really starting to annoy me. I don't see how they can talk for four or five hours during live coverage and yet not say anything memorably inciteful the whole time.

For incitement, you're in the right place here. Forget Paul and Phil, they're too nice to incite.

TRENDING THREADS