• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riders You Hate

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
What a completely pointless thread.....I doubt very much that any of you know much more about these riders than the media lets you see. Believe everything you read?

The Dr said:
What a completely pointless thread.....I doubt very much that any of you know much more about these riders than the media lets you see. Believe everything you read?
Don't take it so personal, it’s just a forum. I didn't vote because I did not know any of the riders or really dislike any of them. But that's not the reason to be offensive. Sometimes is just fun to see what other people think.
Thanks.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I like to think this thread is not about hate so much as favourites and non-favourites, the rivalries in the sport, who we like to see win and who we don't. This certainly is valid for discussion.
For me over my time watching this sport I've had my favourites. I cheered for lance in his first and second tour victories, and ever after couldn't wait to see someone knock him off. I thought his individual attacks early on were great to watch, the train tactic was like watching paint dry, it was like hating pete sampras I think. Then as time went by his bullying really got to me.
I hate pretenders. Guys who get caught doping and deny it to the end. Guys who state lofty aims and then don't deliver or even come close.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Grahame Brown - I don't hate him as thats a waste of energy - but its hard to name someone else with as big and ugly an ego, who only delivers excuses and not results on the road.

A

Anonymous

Martin318is said:
Grahame Brown - I don't hate him as thats a waste of energy - but its hard to name someone else with as big and ugly an ego, who only delivers excuses and not results on the road.

....and will wreck the sh!t out of you in the process.

I thought about adding him also.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
great post!

Ricco
Landis
Heras
Ullrich
Hamilton
Vinokourov
Kashekin (or whatever)
Basso
Valverde
Virenque
Mancebo
Sevilla
Riis

etc

and any rider that trains with out a helmet

May 6, 2009
Visit site
What could one hate/dislike about Andy Schlek? Or indeed his brother?

Ok I dislike Andy Schlek because he is one day older then me and I have done **** on the bike compared to him. Just kidding, I don't dislike him or anything.

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:

Ok I dislike Andy Schlek because he is one day older then me and I have done **** on the bike compared to him. Just kidding, I don't dislike him or anything.

Frank was a Fuente's client. That'd be enough for some. I'm not a fan, but he's not on my disliked list. Which is:

Hamilton, Valverde, Vino, Kashekin (sp?), Rasmussen, Basso. All pretty much for the same reason.

Cav could stand to be a little humble. I like to see him beaten, just so I don't have to hear him crap on about how he's the best (which he is).

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:

Frank because he's a doper. Andy because he looks like Bruno the Swiss Fashionista.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
seriously tranquillo/tranquilo? it means calm, relaxed, quiet...and it is the most common words for these, imagine hating a guy for saying it was a quiet race not too many attacks etc...however if an english speaker uses it...what a wa%nker.

Valverde continues to solidify his position at the top of my list with every statement he makes to the media. He clearly cheated and it has been infuriating reading his statements making himself out to be the unfairly persecuted party.

The UCI and the Spanish Cycling Federation are also up there for me continuing to drag their heels on taking action against Valverde.

Going back a few years Richard Verenque was up there for me for similar reasons to Valverde. Even as it became increasing clear that he cheated Virenque continued to issue denials.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Delicato said:
Zabel, Cipo

:eek: say it isn't so ! I heart Zabel
cipollini i agree.. hate him!

I used to hate armstrong, i don't mind him now (weird i know)
I can't stand Contador.
Evans annoys me a lot too.
Robbie McEwen... Biggest D**K ever.

slowoldman said:
Riders I am not a fan of:

Distant past: Kubler, Anquetil
past: Delgado, Chiapucci (by default, I was a LeMond fan)
Recent past: Virenque, Pantani, Schumacher, Hamilton
Present: Boonen, Valverde, Kloden, Leipheimer, Armstrong (old rooster still trying to crow, see Michael Jordan syndrome)

(Voekler used to be on this list, but now I find him entertaining)

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Hate

Hate, as someone said is a strong word, I dont think I hate anyone, (even the guy who tried to sent me up as a child molester) I certainly dislike some peope, most of all the DRUG CHEATS, although I have a positive against my name, what I had was psuedo efadrine, in a cold table that I had during the night for the flu and was tested 18 hours later. It was a minute amount but I certainly was not taking to cheat. (and its now legal) As I said I totally dislike CHEATS and I suppose that should include me. But thats how it goes.

play fair

TRENDING THREADS