• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Riding with Wifey

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I let her drop me today, again. :rolleyes:

just sayn.

Chicks are killing it these days

and I really really hate it when that happens

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
After racing since 1958 we now have to deal with women in the bunch.

If they pedal as fast as they talk and some do it is so hard chasing them up the hills 1/2 our weight and they just take off .

Much better sceanery though better than sitting on the old guys.

Usualy catch them going down again.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Nothing wrong with it at all. Exercising together is great for the relationship and I get to drop her on the hills in revenge for how stupid she makes me look when we do yoga or that pilates crap together. And as was already stated, it's hard to beat a nice set of buns in bike shorts.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Nothing wrong with it at all. Exercising together is great for the relationship and I get to drop her on the hills in revenge for how stupid she makes me look when we do yoga or that pilates crap together. And as was already stated, it's hard to beat a nice set of buns in bike shorts.

Ahh I remember the Jazzersize classes in the late 80's... as well

the things we do....

A

Anonymous

Last year my wife dropped me in a headwind!!!

(although I'm sure with me pulling two kids in a trailer that emulated a parachute made no difference!) ;)

I just wish she'd ride more often because she's actually pretty good at it. She just doesn't see the thrill in it like I do. Oh well...

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Hide your heads in shame.....never...I repeat never let the wife get the upper hand when on the bike. You will never hear the end of it.

Good way to make her suffer for all the *** chores and DIY that come along with marriage. Take her on your most severe training climbs and rock the bars like a madman to see the lactic acid dripping from her legs.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
VeloEcosse said:
Hide your heads in shame.....never...I repeat never let the wife get the upper hand when on the bike. You will never hear the end of it.

Good way to make her suffer for all the *** chores and DIY that come along with marriage. Take her on your most severe training climbs and rock the bars like a madman to see the lactic acid dripping from her legs.

amen my brother. although "let" is not optional here :)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Wow. For a minute, I thought my ex-husband was posting here.

Then I remembered, he couldn't ride or write with any success.

Please, continue.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
tifosa said:
Wow. For a minute, I thought my ex-husband was posting here.

Then I remembered, he couldn't ride or write with any success.

Please, continue.

nice post. this chick gets it

word to your ex

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I met my wife at a bike race and she is still a better climber, especially on longer hills. I drop her at every corner and traffic light and she cannot out sprint me nor is she much good in a headwind but she is great to ride with and still my favourite riding buddy. If we ever get a tandem I expect she will stop passing me on the hills too.:rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
When I raced I had a girlfriend who'd been a serious domestique on some good US teams. At the start of our rides together I could drop her on the climbs, but she was the most serious rouleur I've ever seen, man or woman. After 100+ miles she was going at the same hard pace as at the start of the ride. I have major, major respect for the woman racers, and feel no embarrassment at all at being passed by one (while, yes, enjoying the view too). Of course, when you pass 50, your competitive spirit backs down a bit.

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
We tried the tandem. After 500 miles in a week, I realized I need to be able to pull out of earshot some of the time. What works now is I ride with the kid on the back, and we are similarly paced. Rank amature both of us, but we enjoy the riding. If my wife would just draft properly I would never drop her, but she is too afraid she will cross a wheel.

TRENDING THREADS