• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
del1962 said:
http://www.marca.com/2013/05/01/ciclismo/giro_italia/1367428541.html

Interview with Rigoberto ahead of the giro.

Seems fully committed to supporting Wiggins.

On another note, is he the landlord for Henao and Quintana, and that it is easy getting the rent of Sergio but hard of Nairo?

Sounds like he is expecting something big from columbians in Worlds.
You miss-understood him. He is planning to leave the apartment, so he is negotiating with Henao and Quintana their new rent. So he says that Henao is easy to negotiate with. Quintana is harder to negotiate with. That's all.

Google's translation seems confusing, am I right to understand that the thee are currently sharing an apartment in Pamplona but Uran is leaving them to move to Monaco?

Hope he visits MC and smacks some sense into her....

wwabbit said:
Google's translation seems confusing, am I right to understand that the thee are currently sharing an apartment in Pamplona but Uran is leaving them to move to Monaco?

Yes, he said that in the interview, but he was joking about to rise rent to Quintana, becouse he is more difficult to convence than Henao...:D

Anyway, I know Quintana is thinking about to buy a House in a village in Navarra, rather cheap.
I am a big fan of Rigo since he was 20... but he dissapoint me day by day.
I hope anyway he win something importante this year: Suisse, Vuelta, Worlds or Lombardie, becouse he has a lot of potential.

I don't know but I have the gut feeling that Uran is feeling a lot better than last year. Maybe he planned his peak for the Giro and that is the reason why he has taken it a bit easier than last year in the first quarter. Maybe wrong but That what I am seeing with his pedaling in this Giro.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
I don't know but I have the gut feeling that Uran is feeling a lot better than last year. Maybe he planned his peak for the Giro and that is the reason why he has taken it a bit easier than last year in the first quarter. Maybe wrong but That what I am seeing with his pedaling in this Giro.

it will depend, if he will work for wiggins and loses his own gc he won't do anything anymore. see also vuelta last year and tirreno this year. he rides for himself or he does nothing. henao same but less extreme

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
if they go to quickstep I probably hang myself :L however I don't believe that yet. I also don't think both henao and uran will go to the same team unless it's a colombian team. they are very expensive to get both

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Arnout said:
Don't worry man, it's the same every year with Lefevere screaming that every rider of note wants to go to his team.

yes, perhaps lefevere even called gazzetta as he often does with papers to spread rumors to feel important. I remember laughing eveyr dya at people who believed contador would go to quickstep. lefevere has a hard time realizing his mapei days are over

TRENDING THREADS