• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Rigoberto Uran discussion thread.

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
I dont believe it.Henao won't stay there,only if he will be a leader for GT next year.And with Froomey,SBW and Richie******Porte its not possible I think.:eek:

Every chance Wiggins will either just give up or not be good enough to lead next year. That said, Henao has been awful in the Giro, has any reason for his pitiful form been given?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Gloin22 said:
He's been already given Vuelta GT lead this year :rolleyes:

Plus to that he's got guaranteed lead in Ardennes to that. Best training to improve as a rider etc. etc.etc.

Yeah,thats this year,but what about next years...they will **** with him cos of anglo-saxons boys
Best training maybe,Ardennes arent so important to a possible future GT winner,but ok.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
Every chance Wiggins will either just give up or not be good enough to lead next year. That said, Henao has been awful in the Giro, has any reason for his pitiful form been given?

He was ill,now he is recovering.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
Thanks, I assumed that had been the case, hadn't seen anything official. He would be second if he had been here in top form.

I dont think so.He had very demanding spring and PV and ardennes weather has taken its toll.I think he didnt have a good form even without illness

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Yeah,thats this year,but what about next years...they will **** with him cos of anglo-saxons boys
Best training maybe,Ardennes arent so important to a possible future GT winner,but ok.

Surely they have talked and agreed things about that -- that's why he agreed 2 year extension....

Gloin22 said:
It's nice to be right over Ryo about Colombians :D

( I've been saying Uran would leave, but Henao stay with Sky, while Ryo adamantly said both would leave this season ).

So far from the news, Henao is much liker to stay as I thought :)

About Uran's move. It's very .. hmm.. will be intresting. It might be an amazing move for him. Or very likely it could be a **** one. We'll have to see.

It's a bizarre move for Uran but presumably the $$$ is very good. Sky have done well to hang onto Henao AND Porte.

Gloin22 said:
He's been already given Vuelta GT lead this year :rolleyes:

Plus to that he's got guaranteed lead in Ardennes to that. Best training to improve as a rider etc. etc.etc.

Perhaps provisionally but he's behind Froome, Wiggins and probably Porte in the pecking order at Sky. If something happens to them either before the Tour or in the first week then it's perfectly possible that they'll then be given leadership for the Vuelta ahead of Henao.

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind that last year, Uran and Henao were promised the Vuelta after such a good job in the Giro, where they kept swapping the white jersey and Uran finished 7th. Then came the tour and Froome was left hungry.
He changed his mind and decided to do the Vuelta, kicking Uran and Henao down from the lead. They worked their *** off for Froome who was clearly out of form at this point. Many of the comments about Froome from early on the Giro were because of last year's Vuelta. There were also some 1 week races where Uran kept on pulling for Wiggins when Uran was clearly in better form. Once Porte started being labeled as "#3", it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Uran hasn't signed yet for anyone nor has Henao, but both will look to move IMO. No point for Henao to stay for #4 in GC. Other teams will make him lead in Grand Tours and sign him for his classic points.

Other thing to point out, many teams are aware that there is a VERY GOOD chance this year's World Champion will be from Colombia. Another thing to consider

germnospina said:
Keep in mind that last year, Uran and Henao were promised the Vuelta after such a good job in the Giro, where they kept swapping the white jersey and Uran finished 7th. Then came the tour and Froome was left hungry.
He changed his mind and decided to do the Vuelta, kicking Uran and Henao down from the lead. They worked their *** off for Froome who was clearly out of form at this point. Many of the comments about Froome from early on the Giro were because of last year's Vuelta. There were also some 1 week races where Uran kept on pulling for Wiggins when Uran was clearly in better form. Once Porte started being labeled as "#3", it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Uran hasn't signed yet for anyone nor has Henao, but both will look to move IMO. No point for Henao to stay for #4 in GC. Other teams will make him lead in Grand Tours and sign him for his classic points.

Other thing to point out, many teams are aware that there is a VERY GOOD chance this year's World Champion will be from Colombia. Another thing to consider

Can you explain these two points to me? Comments about Froome made by Uran? Also what does the fact that the World Champ being Colombian (hopefully:)) signify? Points, or prestige?

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I suppose there is some fun in taking a look at what the team may be

Quintana
Betancur
Uran
Henao
Chavez (god willing)
Duarte
Rubiano
Winner Anacona
Jose Serpa

Really good to see Columbia strong.

Anyone think Betancur can be the first Columbian to win a GT since Herrera?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Colombia looking like it will be a strong team, would be awesome to see one of the Colombians get the rainbow stripes. Hopefully Quintana get's sent to the Vuelta and the Tour doesn't tire him out too much.

BTW UlleGigo,
UlleGigo said:
Really good to see Columbia strong.

Anyone think Betancur can be the first Columbian to win a GT since Herrera?
34568216.jpg

;)

May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
No. Quintana has a far better chance at that.

Yeah. Quintana sounds like a type of tortilla or something though. I prefer Betancourt. French name, French race. That's got to add something. Like the power of the yellow jersey or something. No? ;)

Escarabajo said:

I remember when Betancur announced his contract with AG2R, I wasn't quite sure it was the best choice for him, since Gadred,Perout, Nocentini & Pozzo would be granted priority over him, but turned out to be for the best.:)

Rigo -being a pioneer & and adventurer in Europe- I'm inclined to believe he'll find his way to get results with the team, obviously with the contract stipulating some guaranties for certain races & perhaps the incorporation of more help to consolidate his position among the team. As far a Cav? I quite see him complaining to the team management- not to Uran;)

TRENDING THREADS