• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

RIP GCN+

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So the hots shots art Warner Bros thought if you're willing to cough up for cycling then you'll cough up even more for cycling and all the other sports?

Second Wyndbrook's comment about scr*wing employees just with Christmas on the horizon. Hope they can find something soon.

Reactions: Sandisfan
how much does the Eurosport fee cost?
In Denmark I used to pay DKK990 a year, but as a thief overnight (when the grossDiscovery horror show took over) it was suddenly raised to DKK129/month. But luckily I can pause my membership for the winter months. Now the new Eurosport site have had + a year for fixing their VOD archive search tool, of which worked far better in EurosportPlayer.

At the moment i get Discovery + free as part of my Sky stream package i wonder if thats about to change in the new year? .
This was from 2022, but ... (Comcast brought Sky in 2018)

https://chipandco.com/new-comcast-buy-warner-bros-nbcuniversal-495800/

The Hollywood Reporter reports Warner Bros. Discovery could end up merging with Comcast’s NBCUniversal, though negotiations would have to wait until April 2024 to begin due to the complicated structure of the possible merger.

Per THR, Comcast CEO Brian Roberts is eagerly awaiting April 2024, when the legal hurdles preventing the purchase of WBD will be out of the way. Of course, the merger of two massive media companies would still face numerous antitrust concerns, but it wouldn’t be impossible for the companies to join together.

Of course, NBCUniversal is also the owner of the Peacock streaming service. Just think if Comcast were able to gain full control of Hulu and bring it together with Peacock. If an acquisition of Warner Bros. Discovery were also to happen, NBCUniversal would have a catalog of content to rival Disney.

• Wow
Not really. I’ll watch the big races with the big riders but that’s about it.

We have real live mountain biking to do in Northern California during the winter! We finally get a bit of rain to freshen up the trails.
Hero dirt tomorrow, and after Saturday's rain, for most of next week!

I'm miffed about the GCN+ thing, because I watch every cyclocross race available (they happen early, so I get all jazzed up watching, then go out and ride). Back to Tiz, I guess...

Flo is the worst for me. In California flo's WC coverage is set up so that I have to either get up at 4AM or wait until I get home from work to watch because it takes them literally 4 hours to post the replays, at which point they have also posted highlights that give away the winners in the headlines. I hate them.
I cancelled my subscription (still have it until March of next year) to Flo, because of having little to no races I can watch...may have to reconsider. They do have the WC cross races this year. Overall, this decision by Discovery is f**king bullsh!t...then again, they don't have the greates track record when it comes to cycling...

This was from 2022, but ... (Comcast brought Sky in 2018)

https://chipandco.com/new-comcast-buy-warner-bros-nbcuniversal-495800/

The Hollywood Reporter reports Warner Bros. Discovery could end up merging with Comcast’s NBCUniversal, though negotiations would have to wait until April 2024 to begin due to the complicated structure of the possible merger.

Per THR, Comcast CEO Brian Roberts is eagerly awaiting April 2024, when the legal hurdles preventing the purchase of WBD will be out of the way. Of course, the merger of two massive media companies would still face numerous antitrust concerns, but it wouldn’t be impossible for the companies to join together.

Of course, NBCUniversal is also the owner of the Peacock streaming service. Just think if Comcast were able to gain full control of Hulu and bring it together with Peacock. If an acquisition of Warner Bros. Discovery were also to happen, NBCUniversal would have a catalog of content to rival Disney.

Disney will never sell its stake in Hulu. Peacock and Hulu are never merging

• Wow
So will a VPN with Discovery+ or Eurosport get just as many races as GCN+ has had?
I’ve for many years used French Eurosport (via VPN) for all cycling races, and the past 2 years it’s looked like a shared feed (GCN and Eurosport) for virtually every race. Although my impression was that Eurosport.fr carried some local French races not on GCN. As well as, of course, things like the French national epee matches ;)

So, there is a sports subscribtion (don't think that was an option when I was making the decision between GCN+ and Discovery+ when ES Player folded), I suppose that'll be the best-available option...
Of course, the perfect thing would be if you could get a subscribtion that's just live.

I’ve for many years used French Eurosport (via VPN) for all cycling races, and the past 2 years it’s looked like a shared feed (GCN and Eurosport) for virtually every race. Although my impression was that Eurosport.fr carried some local French races not on GCN. As well as, of course, things like the French national epee matches ;)

On Eurosport, we got all of the GCN pre and post-race shows on their race coverage.

Latest posts