• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

RIP Gino Mäder (1997 - 2023)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Based off what RHD read in the article I wouldn’t be surprised if the TBI was worse then the staff and family hoped for and that the family pulled the plug after he had been stabilized and neurological tests were performed. Which if true it’s far better way for him to go on the families terms then keeping him on the machines.

I wouldn't speculate on that and I also wouldn't think anyone would rush on pulling the plug just 12h after the accident. Unless he is clinically dead, brain injuries usually need time to understand if someone can recover or not.

I wouldn't speculate on that and I also wouldn't think anyone would rush on pulling the plug just 12h after the accident. Unless he is clinically dead, brain injuries usually need time to understand if someone can recover or not.
all details about this are brought up in the interview linked above, so there also is no need to speculate.

No brain activity was detected during the tests in the morning, and in Switzerland this means that the person is declared as dead. From what it sounds like in the interview, the family had no say in this. From that point, the necessary system were only kept running as needed for the donation of his organs.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
all details about this are brought up in the interview linked above, so there also is no need to speculate.

No brain activity was detected during the tests in the morning, and in Switzerland this means that the person is declared as dead. From what it sounds like in the interview, the family had no say in this. From that point, the necessary system were only kept running as needed for the donation of his organs.
Which would happen in the United States too.

I don’t understand German so am unable to read the article and I don’t like using Google translate since there is mistakes that occur and the meaning behind some things is lost so I rely on the others that have translated it. He would/should have had a CT and MRI upon arrival plus the other neurological tests. Those results are read pretty quickly. With the facts we had and what was said by all parties, it wasn’t like I was just drawing a random paper from a hat.

Reactions: search