• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Robbie McEwen

Reading Robbie McEwen's Auto at the moment and I must admit the guy is very likeable but I'm ready a section about his 2002 season where he seemed to be very prolific and I'm wondering did the guy do any doping?

He seems to mention a lot about climbing well for a sprinter, which to be seems suspect (despite the fact that he is a light and small rider)

Also Cipollini seems to be mentioned a lot and I'm wondering the same thing about him?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
No of course he didn't dope............................

Look at the list of squeaky teams

1996–1999 Rabobank

2000–2001 Domo-Farm Frites

2002–2008 Lotto-Adecco

2009–2010 Team Katusha

2011 Team RadioShack

:rolleyes:

Benotti69 said:

1996–1999 Rabobank

2002–2008 Lotto-Adecco

2009–2010 Team Katusha

2011 Team RadioShack

Nice!! Isn't McEwen's name brought up in Hamilton's book, or am I way off(probably am)?

Don't get me wrong, seems like a good guy

He was also coached early on by Walter Planckaert which picked up my tail, he seems to have had a good year followed by an average year (a bit like Stephen Roche)

Benotti69 said:

1996–1999 Rabobank

2002–2008 Lotto-Adecco

2009–2010 Team Katusha

2011 Team RadioShack

Santiago Blanco

1995-97 Banesto

98-00 Vitalicos Seguros

01-02 iBanesto

03-04Relax

Clean

Come on Benotti, you can do better than this!!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pmcg76 said:
Santiago Blanco

1995-97 Banesto

98-00 Vitalicos Seguros

01-02 iBanesto

03-04Relax

Clean

Come on Benotti, you can do better than this!!

Really. You want to compare the palmares of Blanco and McEwen?

Blanco's are minimal to big time winner McEwen. Of course he rode clean beating all those dopers lots and lots, to 3 green jerseys no less.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Really. You want to compare the palmares of Blanco and McEwen?

Blanco's are minimal to big time winner McEwen. Of course he rode clean beating all those dopers lots and lots, to 3 green jerseys no less.

People who believe Rob was clean believe Stu O'Grady was clean. Did anyone watch the 2001 TdF where they were both climbing well in the EPO laden field.

As for the comment that Oz, BMC and cleanliness coexist...look no further than Jim Ochowicz, Andy Rihs, John Lelangue, A. Ballan. I don't think it's fair to assume they're clean, sorry.

Neworld said:
People who believe Rob was clean believe Stu O'Grady was clean. Did anyone watch the 2001 TdF where they were both climbing well in the EPO laden field.

As for the comment that Oz, BMC and cleanliness coexist...look no further than Jim Ochowicz, Andy Rihs, John Lelangue, A. Ballan. I don't think it's fair to assume they're clean, sorry.

With that said as relation to BMC, do you believe Cadel is clean?

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
MellowJohnny said:
Reading Robbie McEwen's Auto at the moment and I must admit the guy is very likeable but I'm ready a section about his 2002 season where he seemed to be very prolific and I'm wondering did the guy do any doping?

He seems to mention a lot about climbing well for a sprinter, which to be seems suspect (despite the fact that he is a light and small rider)

Also Cipollini seems to be mentioned a lot and I'm wondering the same thing about him?

The sad fact is that everyone is under suspicion. We can analyze everything to the minor detail and still not know.
Team history says dirty. Numerous run ins with Armstrong in the early 2000's suggest contempt for the bully. Maybe clean.
One huge season of wins. ???
In this climate...winning cyclist = cheat = liar. The clean guys are probably the guys saying nothing and just riding their bikes finishing around 50th.

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
greenedge said:
Robbie did not even ride the 2001 TDF- he got sidelined so the WC could be the sprinter great decision by Patrick Lefevre.

You're right I was thinking of stu and paolo breaking away...they were the 2 I meant. My mistake.

He was an excellent analyser on Eurosport with Paul and Phil. He certainly has a good chance of a career in tv.
Good, clear diction.
Unmuddled clarity of explanations.
Incisive understanding of how events are unfolding in the race.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
wirral said:
He was an excellent analyser on Eurosport with Paul and Phil. He certainly has a good chance of a career in tv.
Good, clear diction.
Unmuddled clarity of explanations.
Incisive understanding of how events are unfolding in the race.
ie a stark contrast to those two muppets

TRENDING THREADS