• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Robbie McEwen's ride through India

How cool is this?
Robbie McEwen and a group of pro riders elected to ride about 140km between stages from Nashik to Mumbai instead of taking the team buses. Said Robbie, “I thought I’d seen it all, but after 16 years as a pro, I never saw anything like what we experienced today riding across India".
The road crossed spectacular mountain-ringed valleys in the sun-baked Maharastha region, dry and dusty after a long winter. The countryside was dotted with Hindu temples, ramshackle villages and lush farms.
McEwen was joined by RadioShack teammates Sam Bewley and Robbie Hunter, the South African Bonitas team, keen to put in some miles ahead of next week’s Tour of South Africa, and members of the UK-registered Motorpoint team, including racer/manager Malcolm Elliott.:)

ericfalcon said:
I agree, very cool. Your post also contained more details than the CN coverage of the racing in India.
To be fair it's a small race intended to bring racing to India. However what they did re- awakened the very reason i love to ride. The shear simplicity of the bike and how it puts you in close contact with the environment.

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
How cool is THAT?!?

xmoonx said:
How cool is this?
Robbie McEwen and a group of pro riders elected to ride about 140km between stages from Nashik to Mumbai instead of taking the team buses. Said Robbie, “I thought I’d seen it all, but after 16 years as a pro, I never saw anything like what we experienced today riding across India".
The road crossed spectacular mountain-ringed valleys in the sun-baked Maharastha region, dry and dusty after a long winter. The countryside was dotted with Hindu temples, ramshackle villages and lush farms.
McEwen was joined ...... .:)

It's the coolest!!! I've been to India, .... our cultures need each other. They use bicycles in every way, every day. Terrible bikes ! I saw a school bus with eight kids and one rider. We use bikes for fun & fitness. They need them for a pollution-free future. So do we.

I wanna be at next years' Tour of Mumbai.

witz